𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 72

Grace's POV

Grace's POV.

The light is still on because I'm not comfortable to sleep without it if Harry is not with me. I don't see anything strange however and everything is quiet. Maybe I was just dreaming. I go back to sleep but only until the door swings opens and I hear footsteps that are fast and heavy. Then my bed shifts and a familiar, minty scent invades my space.

''Grace,'' Harry calls but I don't answer. I keep my eyes shut and he comes closer and moves some strands of hair from my face. I have a hole in my stomach and it hurts so much every time he is near. ''I had a nightmare,'' he says and brushes his face on my neck, his breathing is fast and he seems scared. ''Can I sleep with you? Please?'' I turn around, giving up on my pride and opening my eyes slightly. The light is blinding me.

''Harry,'' I murmur and glare at him, noticing his features. He's pale, with dark circles under his eyes and his hair is a mess. ''What are you doing here? Go to sleep,'' I suggest in a very sweet way, which surprises me a little. I place a hand on his cheek and he grabs it as if I can disappear any moment.

''Don't make me leave, I can't sleep. Please, '' he pleads and I huff and pat the spot next to me before he lays down.

''Can I turn the light off?'' he asks and I nod. He gets up and after shutting off the light, he falls right next to me, his face inches from mine.

''Grace,'' he whispers and I moan to let him know I'm listening. I'm staring at him, even if he can't see me, I'm wide awake. ''Grace I thought I hurt you and that you left me because I was a monster and that you didn't like me. You told me you hated me,'' he's explaining his nightmare I guess, so I shift closer to him, wrapping a leg around his waist and caressing his cheek with my hand.

''Shh'' I say and I peck at his lips. ''Just sleep now. It's okay,'' I exhale and Harry nods, moving his head in to the crook of my neck. I hug him and let him embrace my body as much as he wants.

''I will never hurt you on purpose. You just drive me insane. I can't help acting like a crazy freak when you reject me,'' he utters like a baby who is groaning because his mom doesn't believe their story. I let him talk, because we need this so much.

''I'm sorry for all the shit I've done. I will buy you a new dress and take care of your wrists. Don't you want to call your... '' he pauses and gulps loudly before having the courage to say it ''Friend and call the date off?'' he asks saintly but we both know there is nothing angelic about his jealousy. I move some of his curls and look into his eyes, smiling slightly.

''Harry,'' I say and brush his nose to mine before sticking out my tongue and licking my lips gently. ''There was no date,'' I eventually spit out and Harry raises himself to lean on his elbow. I can't see his expression but I know he's surprised and maybe a little annoyed.

''What? What do you mean?'' I search for his necklace and caress the metal bird in my hands.

''What I've just said; I did it just to make you jealous. Jay wasn't supposed to be picking me up tonight. I wanted to make you jealous and let you see what this was doing to us. '' Harry doesn't say anything and instead, he leans down to kiss me. ''I knew you wouldn't let me put a foot out of this house, even if I wasn't dressed like that,'' I smirk a little at the thought.