Chapter 1: Are you okay, Tine?

Tine's POV

"Tine, don't run. You are already so drunk, you can't even walk straight"

"I am walking straight.. I think so." I yelled as I tried my best to walk in a straight line. Okay, may be I wasn't walking straight, but I was so happy, I couldn't care less. All the years of studying and sacrificing were finally paying off. I could, finally, think about a future.

"No you are not.." Sarawat matched my steps and put his arm around my waist to steady me. I couldn't help but giggle feeling his warmth. "I am very proud of you, Tine. I know how hard you worked to get the job at that law firm. My boyfriend is officially a lawyer now."

Sarawat was smiling at me and it felt like I had fallen in love with him all over again. We had only been dating for a month and but I knew he was end game for me. I knew he was the one for me even before we went on our first date, even before we fought on the football ground, even before I broke his phone, even before he asked for my number to patch things up between us.

May be some day I'll tell him how I have been in love with him for the last two years.

I hadn't told Sarawat yet that fell for him the first day I saw him in college, but I never made a move. I could never make a move. He was a star, the most popular guy in college — Captain of the football team, and lead singer of his band. There were always people around him and I never thought he would notice me — until he did. And now, I had no plans of letting him go. He was my forever and ever.

"Wat.." I put my arm over his shoulder and placed a light peck on his lips. "Do you want to know my secret three year plan?"

"Secret three year plan? What's that?"

"Shhhh.. don't shout out my secret like this." I whispered. "I am only telling you this secret because I love you, but you can't tell anyone else about this. Promise?"

"Okay, I promise. What is it?"

"In three years..." I looked out at the sky, staring at the beautiful moon and the quiet streets. We had partied with our friends all night long to celebrate my new job and the city's noise had died down as we left the bar. "In three years.. I want to become the youngest partner in the law firm, get a big apartment in Bangkok with a bedroom bigger than the house I grew up in, buy an expensive car that makes people die with envy and.."

"And?"

"And I want to marry you."

"Tine Teepakorn, are you seriously asking me to marry you on our one-month anniversary while you are shit drunk, stumbling back home?"

"No, I am not asking you to marry me. Not yet. I am just telling you that I want to marry you some day because I love you and there is nothing else that matters more to me than you"

Sarawat kissed me on the lips and I could see his smile creeping in. "So, I don't even get a chance to ask you to marry me, huh?"

"Well" I shrugged my shoulders. "You missed your chance, I guess."

That's when I heard the bus honking. "Is it 5am already? The buses have already started. Let's go catch it. I definitely don't want to waste money on a taxi right now."

I started running towards the bus stand and I could hear Sarawat yelling from

"Wait, Tine, stop running."

"Catch me if you can"

"Tine, just please stop running. Watch out for the pole!!"

I looked behind at Sarawat. "I am watching— OUCH"