58 Narcotic - Liquido

Dazed by careless words,

Cosy in my mind.

I woke up cuddled up in Shouta's arms. It took me a while to find out exactly why I had woken up this early, but I did find the source of the annoying beeping noise eventually. The alarm on my phone. Shit. I had completely forgotten that today was a school day. I had been so excited and nervous about finally sleeping with Shouta, I had just suppressed everything else.

I heard Shouta groaning and turning around, wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling into my chest. I chuckled a little and ruffled his hair, pressing a kiss to his forehead. It was cute how he was clinging onto me and all, but I really had to get up and get a shower before school.

"Shou... hey, Shou..." I whispered, but all I got out of him was some mumbling. I sighed, trying to get out of bed, but he had an iron grip on me. There was no way I was getting out without waking him up.

"Shou, come on, let me get up, we need to go to school." I said. He opened his eyes slightly and looked at me, as if he wasn't quite sure what was happening yet, before he started smiling.

"No, we don't." he replied.

"Yes, we do. And I need to get a shower, before we go!" I protested, trying to wriggle out of his arms.

"No. We're not going to school today. We're just staying home." he said and tightened his hold on me.

"What? Why?" I asked and heard him chuckling.

"Because I love you."

"I love you, too. I love you so much, but... we still need to go to school!" I protested and he groaned.

"Fine, fine, fine. Five more minutes." he muttered and nuzzled his head into my chest. I sighed and smiled. There was really nothing wrong with five more minutes of cuddling and I really wanted to stay in bed with Shouta a little longer. He was just so cute when he was all sleepy and cuddly and clingy. Plus, his body was so extremely warm, it was like cuddling up to a small oven.

"You wanna save some water when you shower?" Shouta mumbled against my neck. I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you getting at?"

"We should shower together. Saves water. Good for the environment." Shouta replied and I could feel him smirking against my skin. I laughed and shook my head. He was impossible sometimes.

"Fine, fine, fine. But only if we can get up on time so we don't have to hurry. And that means getting up right about now." I said and tried getting out of the death grip he had on me. Shouta groaned.

"Do we really have to?" he asked.

"Yes, Shou, we do." I replied.

"Five more minutes?"

"You already got five more minutes!"

"You're so cruel sometimes, (F/N)."

"Yeah, well, you still love me, don't you?" I replied, as I finally managed to free myself from his grip and stumbled out of the bed. He turned around, the blanket covering him entirely with only the top of his head and his eyes sticking out, as he watched me gather up my clothes.

"You look nice." he said to me and I could hear from his voice that he was smirking under that blanket.

"I call bullshit on that, because I just got out of bed and look like shit." I retorted, as I grabbed my phone to check for emails. I kinda doubted there was anything worth reading in there, but I checked anyway.

"No, you look beautiful. And sexy. And cute." Shouta muttered. I turned around and wanted to give him an annoyed look, but I couldn't keep down the smile that was fighting its way onto my face.

"You're silly." was all I could say.

"You still love me."

"I do."

Shouta laughed and sat up in bed, stretching his arms and yawning. He grabbed his own phone and checked the time, before looking through it, his smile dropping with every email he deleted.

"All rejections again. How about you?" he wanted to know. I was going through my emails slowly.

Rejection, rejection, spam, spam, spam, newsletter, spam, rejection, spam, spam, newsletter, newsletter, spam, reje-... hang on. This said something different. This... this wasn't a rejection at all. My eyes widened as I was reading over the email that I had just gotten.

"I... I got in. I got a work study... I got a work study, Shou." I muttered. I couldn't believe it. This was just... too weird. How the hell had I managed to get one? I quickly forwarded the email to our homeroom teacher, so he'd be informed and could sort out most of the paperwork.

"You did? Which agency?" Shouta wanted to know and slowly peeled himself away from the warmth of the blanket.

"Alley Cat. That's where Maiko is going, too!" I squealed. Alley Cat was one of my favourite heroes! She basically looked like a cat girl and her Quirk were her claws. She could basically use them like knives or swords even. She was literally one of the coolest people ever and I had applied for her agency at the very beginning, but had lost hope because they hadn't gotten back to me at all. I thought they were just ghosting me, but apparently that wasn't the case.

"Alley Cat? She's amazing! I'm kinda jealous of you now." Shouta said, suddenly very much awake. He walked up to me and hugged me tightly, kissing the top of my head quickly before nuzzling into me.

"I know, right? I actually can't believe that." I said, still somewhat in shock. Alley Cat wasn't too well-known, she was a little underground, but she had a fairly medium sized fanbase. And I was a fan.

"Congratulations! I'm happy for you." Shouta muttered and I could feel him smiling against my neck.

"Thank you. And you know what that means?" I asked. He looked at me, raising an eyebrow and shaking his head.

"What does it mean?"

"You'll definitely get a work study, too. Because if I can manage to get one then you can definitely manage!" I said and put my phone away to hug Shouta tightly. He laughed and shook his head again.

"Well, that's bullshit, but okay." he replied. I let go of him and gave him a big, hungry kiss. I actually couldn't believe it. It still felt so surreal. Not just that I was going to be interning anywhere at all, but also that I was interning with Alley Cat and that Maiko would be there with me, too!

"It's not bullshit. Come on, I'm sure you're gonna find something soon. Your Quirk is like ten times more useful than mine." I protested with a sigh. Shouta really could do with some confidence.

His Quirk was great! It was incredibly unique, something you didn't see every other day. It wasn't like a fire Quirk or a Quirk that made you fast. A Quirk erasing other Quirks was not something that was particularly common, so I just didn't get how people couldn't appreciate it.

"It's not." Shouta kept insisting.

"Whatever. Not like I can convince you anyway. Come on, race you to the shower!" I said, before running off towards the bathroom.