Chapter Four

Chapter Four:
The Tiger Lilly

Whatever had caused the night to go downhill wasn't known to Scotty. All he knew was it had been on a downward spiral ever since Will disappeared from the group. And because of that, the night continuously got worse and worse. Even if Scotty didn't know what was coming for him.

After minutes, that honestly felt like hours, they found Will. Unfortunately, they found him in a state of panic, hidden behind a brick staircase. He was pale with fear swirling in his eyes. He looked as if he had seen a ghost.

"Will?" Scotty spoke cautiously, leaning down and tentatively reaching for the shaking boy. He'd been taught how to deal with panic attacks by his grandma, and how you had to be extremely cautious with them, as to not send them spiralling deeper.

Mike, on the other hand, grabbed Will by his shoulders. "Will! Will! Will, hey, are you okay? Will, it's just me. Just me and Scotty, okay? It's us, it's just us. Will, it's just us!"

"Holy shit!" Dustin exclaimed, his eyes softening when he caught sight of the state Will was in.

Lucas followed shortly after, equally concerned for him. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know." Mike replied, giving the two a sharp look, his eye twitching as Max appeared, her Micheal Meyers mask in her right hand and her bag of candy in her left. By the look on her face, she had never bern more confused in her life. "I'm gonna get you home, okay?"

Dustin leaned forward to help, but was rudely shoved back by Mike. "I got it! I got it, okay? I got it."

"Mike, seriously?"

Scotty watched in silence, rolling his lip in between his teeth and shaking his head. Mike rolled his eyes, turning back to meet his friends' gazes. "Keep trick or treating. I'm bored anyways."

There was an edge to his tone, buried in layers of anger and annoyance. Scotty let out a puff of air, pulling the alien eye glasses from his eyes and resting them on his head. "Jesus Christ."

~~

After Will's episode, Scotty thought the night would be over. He thought maybe he could watch reruns of Family Feud and he eat an unholy amount of candy.

Quickly, that hopeful idea was shot down when his doorbell rang just after midnight. By this time, Scotty had switched to some horror movie, one with really bad acting. 

Scotty groaned, begrudgingly tossing his bag of candy to the side when the doorbell rang again. And again. And again. And again. Until whomever was at the door held down the bell, causing a perpetual dinging sound to ring around the house.

"Lay off the fucking bell!" Scotty shouted, trudging over to the door. An air of annoyance settled around him, vanishing when he peaked out the window and saw Mike standing there, still in his costume. A very distraught Mike.

Quickly, Scotty opened the door, a look of concern on his face as his eyes trailed over Mike's features. "Mike?"

"Can I.." Mike whispered, his voice cracking as he looked down to his feet. He cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck and shuffling his feet. "Uh, can I come in? Please."