Chapter 6

In her three-year career, she had come across numerous movie stars, both Bollywood and Hollywood, Influential businessmen and CEO's, hell she had even served Royalty at times and never felt intimidated by even one of them. She knew her job and mostly excelled at it, so there was no reason for her to be nervous at any point in time.

But today was different, the handsome stranger, the beautiful man that had occupied her couch the other night was going to be stark in front of her, face to face, and for some reason that made her anxious. 

She took a deep breath, squared her shoulders and sauntered outside in the cabin for her first hot towel service. 

She purposely made a full round of the cabin and approached the other four passengers greeting them with welcoming pleasantries. 

Although from the corner of her eyes she was constantly studying him. 

Unlike her, he looked unperturbed by her presence and his laptop had his full attention. 

"He probably doesn't even remember that night" she thought, dismayed and approached him.

 "Good evening sir and welcome to Quantum. We hope you have a great experience flying with u.." she gulped "us" she repeated her well-rehearsed lines as a protocol, and flashed her best smile, while looking at him directly in the eye.

As he gazed back, reciprocating with a slight smile on his face, her body felt like it has been frozen and she might splinter into million pieces like a slab of ice. 

With his eyes wide open today, his face looked even more attractive. His eyes, oh my my, they were a deep chocolate brown, matching his hair.  

And that piercing gaze, it felt like he had locked her eyes with his, making it unable for her to look away, hell she couldn't even breathe. 

She stood there like a mannequin compelling herself to say something, to shake out of her daze but he beat her to that. 

He rose to his full height and was standing so close to her due to space constraints, the familiar scent engulfed her again. 

"Can you hang this please" Sidharth shrugged out of his suit jacket and held it out for her, displaying the deliciously corded muscular physique from under his dress shirt. 

His voice was baritone and as intimidating as his presence. 

He was a good one foot above her.  She looked up at him and gulped again, loud enough for him to hear it this time. 

He grinned at her reaction, sneakily, making her feel like she better get swallowed by the walls of the aircraft. 

Yes...she had been stupid enough to show the effect he had on her. 

Turning her eyes away, she quickly took his jacket and scurried back into the safety of her galley.

 Once inside the boundary of the curtains, her hand reflexively came to her chest, steading her thudding heart. 

She was finding it difficult to breathe. 

Just one look... one look from the man and Shehnaaz felt like she had been catapulted into the air by a giant sling. 

The feeling was both exciting and scary at the same time. 

She pulled out a few tissues and dabbed the sweat beads forming at her temples, while taking deep breaths to calm the fuck down. 

"Seems like someone is on fire tonight" Kartiks voice made her jump, almost spilling the contents of the tray she had in her hand. 

"Fuckk u scared me" Shehnaaz retorted.