Unbroken

(One year later)

I pull up in the driveway of my friends house, parking the car. I sit, deep in my thoughts. I had lived with the Maximoff's for a year now and had become a good friend. Life felt normal or as much as it could considering.

I turn the key, shutting off the car. Opening the car door, getting out and closing it. Grabbing the groceries from the backseat. Today was my turn for running errands. The mid-summer heat was only making it seem longer and the humidity is unbearable. I managed to not drop anything, with difficulty. Opening the screen door, I propped it open with my foot.

I made it to the kitchen without incident setting the groceries on the table. Then Peter had to zip in.
"Hi"
Jumping I let out a squeak but speedily recovered, I would never get used to that.
"Your to late Maximoff." I tease playfully, pretending to hold a sword across his neck and putting on a mock British accent. I step closer so now I'm only inches away from him. Peter wasn't caught off guard for a second.
"Any last wishes?" I ask trying to sound evil.
"Two" Peter said with a smirk. "And what are they?" I ask.
"Well, first of all, I want a Twinkie before I die and second of all, I'd really appreciate it if you'd move because your standing on my foot."

I stepped back, trying to hold a straight face but losing the battle within seconds. "I win" Peter added triumphantly with his trademark grin. I've only lived here a year but I still gotten a heavy crush on Peter, but he probably didn't feel the same way, so, did it really matter. Recovering from my laughter I replied "That's it? I honestly thought it would be a long list."
"Nope, that's it, nothing else."
"Peter, quit trying to convince yourself. So what's the rest?"

Peter began stuttering.
"Umm...ur..I...." he gave up with a sigh zipping off to who knows where.

Wait what!?

Finishing with the groceries my thoughts drifted. I tried forgetting it but it just came back. I'm just over thinking it. He doesn't have a crush on me. Does he?

Eventually night came, I crawl into my pajamas and turn off the lamp in my room. I lay in my bed waiting to fall asleep with no luck. Rolling over to look at the clock I let out a sigh and began dressing. Rarely sleeping was a usual, for me and knowing tomorrow school, I'm going to be tired and groggy. Not to mention I have a test tomorrow, groaning I opened the door to my room. Well at least I can walk somewhere.

I grabbed my jacket from the closet in the hall sliding the black leather over my shoulders. Extending my hand to open the door I hesitated, I should leave a note for them. They'll probably worry. In the time I'd stayed here Magda took me under her wing. She would undoubtedly worry. Entering the kitchen I grabbed a sticky-note from the pad on the counter. Jotting down a little information I stuck it to the fridge door. Reading it in my head, Couldn't sleep went for a walk be back soon Jynix, nodding and smiling to myself I headed out the door.

Standing on the sidewalk in front of the house contemplating where to go. I could walk to the park, or grabbing a pop at the drug store. I pulled my wallet out of my jacket pocket twenty bucks. Looks like pop.

The drug store is a block away from here. Walking I got a sneaking suspicion I was being watched or followed or both. I instinctively kept my pace steady not to arise alertness. My heart was beating, Am I being followed? Why? Keep your head Jynix don't show them you know.
I reached the drug store and casually bought a pop. The cashier was on break like usual so I left the money on the counter.
Granted I didn't see a person following me but I am positive there was. Keep it together Jynix or you will look suspicious. Now if I call Magda it will only worry her. I can't go back until I lose them so I will go out of town.

Heading to the out skirts of town I cut down a road between trees and and a field. Looking at my watch I'd been walking for two hours trying to lose this person and nothing was working.
I hadn't looked behind me once figuring it wasn't worth the risk. Stopping I turned down a road adjacent and froze.

(A/N sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been busy. Sorry for typos. Thanks for reading. I've been trying to improve my writing so please comment your opinion.)