Fast Reverse from Freedom

I saw two men walking towards me, wearing dark clothes and masks. They walked, heads tilted down. I continued walking, this was a mistake, my pace remaining steady. Barely. What if I planned this wrong? What if they are with the man following me? If it comes to a fight no one can help..... This was a bad idea. The men, walking at a steady pace drew closer. The moon was full so seeing is easier but I can't see good enough for a description of them. My senses on point telling me something is off.
The men stopped and did nothing both looking up at me.
Neither them or me moved. The main reason I didn't move was paralyzing fear makes it difficult. Why didn't I just stay home in bed where it's safe.

Silence was a tornado sweeping the entire night clean of sound and throwing it away.
All but the rough tap of footsteps approaching on the dirt road.
They were right behind me standing inches away. My breath hitching I whip around and come face to face with a scruffy man. He looked to be about forty. He looked down at me with a cruel smile.
Yeah, paralyzing fear gone.
I turned away and darted in no particular direction just towards the woods. Putting distance between them and me the scar mans cruel laughter echoed through the night and the other men took off after me.

I instinctively scramble through the patch of thorns before reaching a clearing. The dark night made the trees look like towering black spikes closing in on me. Stopping I looked around it was quiet nothing was disturbed everything was still.Where did they go? My eyes grazed over my surroundings, nothing, like these guys just vanished. A sound of a twig snapping came from my right. I tilted my head listening, nothing, closing my eyes I slowed my breathing. A twig snapped again in the other direction. Their surrounding me. Don't run yet. My first impulse was to dart again but that's what they wanted.
If I run I'll only tire myself and they'll eventually catch up.

One man rushed into the clearing and towards me. I stood trying to resist the urge to run. But I lost taking off in a random direction my feet hitting the ground and heart pounding. Where did the other guy go?
It doesn't matter as long as he's gone.
Ducking branches and vaulting logs I darted right. Hiding behind a tree while my pursuer stopped. Searching for any sign of me in the dark. He's gonna find me. Looking at the ground and spotting a boot print in a patch of mud he turned to the tree where I hid. Luckily I ducked before I was saw. Footsteps drew near the tree. My heart pounded trying to stay silent. He was about to the tree.

The man came closer.

Don't run, don't run.

Silence.

Nothing.

I peeked around the tree. He was gone. I turned back to see the two men standing four yards away. The first man spoke his German accent heavy "The chase is over, little girl, running is useless."
All this way for nothing. Like he said running was useless I would always run but it would always be useless.

(sorry for typos)