[ 000. ] au one shot (NOT canon)

* please note this is not canon for the story at all,
i just thought it'd be fun to write. tony and nat
are very much alive in study buddies and they
will stay that way! everything's ok, i promise.

 tony and natare very much alive in study buddies and theywill stay that way! everything's ok, i promise

study buddies, v. ii —— rosie in canon!mcu
[ in which rosie says goodbye ]

     IT'S BEEN A VERY ROUGH COUPLE OF DAYS for Rosie Potts

IT'S BEEN A VERY ROUGH COUPLE OF DAYS for Rosie Potts. From waking up on the planet Titan next to Peter and being brought back to Earth through a portal that sparked to life in hues of a sparkling yellow — curtesy of Dr. Strange and the other masters of the mystic arts, or whatever they call themselves — and seeing the charred remnants of the Avengers facility, burning red from a calloused hand of destruction. Thanos. From fighting alongside gods and super soldiers and kings in a desperate attempt to protect the world from the purple titan a second time to finally winning. But at what cost?

She remembers dying. Disintegrating. She remembers that one last look she shared with her soon-to-be uncle, she remembers telling him to apologize to Pepper for her. She remembers seeing him cry, right before she vanished into dust. And she remembers that it had happened to Peter only moments before. She had felt bad for Tony — she hadn't wanted to leave him alone. Not without her. Not without his beloved protégé from Queens. But... she had left him alone.

And then she came back.

It had been a tearful reunion when Pepper spotted her, standing hand in hand with Peter and surrounded by the group that she remembers had referred to themselves as the Guardians of the Galaxy. Rosie had fallen into her aunt's embrace almost immediately, allowing herself a second to cry and apologize profusely for not listening. For tagging along. For trying to help (a miserable job she had done at that, she now realizes). She remembers Pepper telling her that it's okay, that she understands why Rosie did what she did. Then she remembers Tony seeing them, barely giving Rosie a moment to register what was happening before he hugged her tighter than he ever had before. She had thought things would be better now, now that her family was back together again.