Day Thirteen: Against the Wall

AU: Modern!AU
Summary: Stuck in an elevator, how else were they going to entertain themselves?

"You have got to be kidding me" Skylar groaned the moment she felt the familiar shudder of the elevator as it slowly began to come to a jerky halt, its lights overhead flickering for just a moment.

"Hm? Looks like it finally broke down again..." Zoro hummed as he leaned back against the wall, his hands buried into the pockets of his pants as he tilted his head back and peered up at the ceiling.

"Come on, the one time I actually hoped this dumb piece of shit would work and now it decides to break down on me—couldn't you have done this on laundry day or something?!" Skylar frowned as her foot immediately kicked out, the tip of her heel smashing against the metal doors which in return caused them to shudder and reverberate. "We're going to be late! Nami's going to kill us!" she couldn't help but whine as her shoulders and head drooped.

"We were going to be late anyways" Zoro softly scoffed, removing one of his hands from his pants pocket all so he could look at his watch. It was clear to him that even if the elevator hadn't broken down at this exact moment, they were still going to be at least a few minutes late to the Christmas party that Vivi and her family were hosting and had invited them to.

"I know that, but a few minutes late is better than an hour late..." Skylar depressingly mumbled before finally she heaved a sigh. It wasn't like this was anything new really, this elevator tended to act up every now and again which only further proved to everyone why the rent of this complex was so reasonable. Usually, when the elevator would break down like this, it was a mixed bag—sometimes it would just fix itself and start up again like normal just as quickly as it had broken down and other times...well, other times, one would find themselves having to call and wait for hours for help to arrive.

"Look, just relax and give it a few minutes, maybe it'll start back up by itself" Zoro said as he lowered his gaze from the ceiling to look at the brunette, his eye slowly flickering up and down her body as he drunk in the sight of the attire she wore. It was a simple over the shoulder white sweater dress—one that cozily hugged her framed as it came to a stop just above her knees—that she wore along with a pair of white stockings and ankle boots that she'd only ever wear for special occasions. Her hair was neatly brushed and left down, falling in waves down her back and over her shoulders as in her hand she clutched a small hand purse that she rarely ever used—even if it were stolen, all the perpetrator would find is a measly twenty bucks as the purse was only really there for decoration and to help bring the look together. Overall, she looked very lovely and...he had to admit, he never realized just how good her legs looked in stockings.

"Maybe...or maybe we'll just be stuck here for hours until help arrives..." Skylar grumbled before perking up as she lifted her head and turned around to face him. "You...you did remember to bring your phone with you...right?" she suddenly asked, her grip on the hand purse she held tightening as a nervous look now crossed her face upon remembering that she had forgotten to grab her phone from its charger before they left.

"Uh..." Zoro was quick to pat down any pockets on his person before giving a strained smile as he slowly shook his head. "No, it seems I forgot to grab it before we left..." he sheepishly admitted.

"Then we really are going to be stuck here for hours until this piece of junk decides to start working again or someone notices it's broken and calls for help..." she groaned as her head drooped once more. "Great...just great..." she heavily sighed, turning back around the face the doors of the elevator as she crossed her arms and lifted her head to glare at the metal doors. "Now what are we supposed to do?" she frowned.

"Like I said, just relax and wait, the thing will most likely fix itself like usual" Zoro said, pushing himself off the wall as he was quick to approach the brunette, placing his hands on her hips while resting his chin against her shoulder. "As for what we can do while we wait, I mean..." he trailed off as his hands slowly began to rub up and down her sides.