blue christmas {dnf} part 1

Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Vb6ANRGekarvUTjRzjypS

Dream lay in his bed. His body was deadly still - if it weren't for the periodic rises and falls of the slopes of his chest under the thin sheet masking it then one might assume that he was dead simply for the fact that he had remained flat on his back, eyes wide open, for the past 6 hours. Although his body was motionless, his mind was racing. He was sure he had gone through every single scenario that could happen in the next 24 hours yet he still seemed to find more to panic about. By the time his phone alarm drew him out of his anxious daze he felt deathly tired and hyper on adrenaline at the same time. I can sleep on the plane, he thought to himself as he dragged himself out of bed, rummaging through his bag for the 5th time to check he had everything... or was it the 6th? He had lost count. After a quick shower and brush of his teeth, he threw on some clothes and stumbled down the stairs.

"Good morning Clay! When are you off?" Dream's Dad asked as he sipped on the mug of coffee he held, flicking through the news.

"In a few minutes I think." He mumbled as he rushed through the kitchen, giving Patches a quick scratch on the head before putting his rucksack by the door, turning on his heels to grab his suitcase next.

"Aren't you going to have some breakfast?" His mum called softly, not wanting to wake up the rest of his siblings who wouldn't be waking up for another few hours.

"I'll grab something at the airport!" Dream shouted back as he ran up the stairs again. He knew he probably wouldn't; the swarm of butterflies attacking his stomach made him quite sure that if he ate, he would most likely throw it back up. After lugging his suitcase back down the stairs, he shouted a quick goodbye to his siblings; they had all come home for Christmas which they begrudgingly celebrated a few days early, agreeing that he could video call into the actual Christmas Dinner, to allow Dream to make this trip of his. He gave his parents both a quick hug, reassured his mother that he hadn't forgotten anything, and off he went.

The drive to the airport was surprisingly painless and whilst driving was generally something that relaxed him, his mind couldn't help but wander to the reason he was taking this trip in the first place.

-----one month ago-----

"Sapnap did you just start playing Christmas music?" Dream groaned as 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' started to play in the call the trio had been sat in for the past few hours.

"Yes, what about it bitch?" Sapnap shot back playfully. "It's been Halloween and it's now the middle of November so we can start listening to Christmas music. Stop being such a scrooge."

"I'm not, I'm not! It's just too early."

"No it's not! I'm excited for Christmas dude! All my family are coming over to stay at my parent's for a week, I'll be on Christmas break so no schoolwork, it's gonna be great."

"Fine can we at least put on a better Christmas song then?" Dream laughed.

"What do you mean 'a better Christmas song?' All I Want For Christmas is iconic and you can't convince me otherwise."

"But it's so overplayed!"

"Well deal with it. You're seeing your family for Christmas right?"

"Oh yeah of course, only Mum, Dad and my siblings though, but it will be nice to spend a couple days with them I guess!"

Sapnap was about to answer, but instead started to sing along, horribly out of tune and purposefully so. When he got to the high note it was too much, Dream decided.