Shot Clock (Ella Mai x Janet)

Ella

I just got done finishing a new song. I'm sitting in the studio thinking about life and the song. It's about life, love and relationships. See me and my boo we've been together for five years and I'm wondering where this is going. I knew after our first year together that I wanted to marry her but she was still in school and working to become a lawyer. She's also a little older than me too but not by much. Don't get me wrong I love her but I have been wondering lately if I'm wasting my time on her.

I recently wrote the song I just recorded and it's about a relationship where the woman is fed up and she's telling her boyfriend he's got limited time. In a way it's a message to my baby. I hope that she understands that I have nothing against her or our relationship.

I met her through a friend after one of my small performances. She had just gotten out of a relationship but we felt drawn to each other. She is beautiful and her smile always melts by heart. Her big brown eyes draw you in and I often get lost in them. Her body, I mean damn, it would appear she stays in the gym but she only goes about three or four times a week. She's short but her body more than makes up for it, she got a six pack she loves to show off and an ass that is fat and round. I love grabbing it when...let me not get carried away. Her personality is strong, understanding, caring and genuine. Speaking of her, she's facetiming me now.

"Hey baby, how are you?"

"Good another long day spent in court but this is what I live for besides you. How did recording the song go?"

"Great, do you wanna hear it? I want you to listen to the whole thing before telling me if you like it."
"Okay Mai, play it for me babe."

I played her the song and I couldn't tell from the expression on her face if she liked it or not. The song it's called "Shot Clock". Looking at the expressions on her face, she's a little shocked but there's something else there too.

"So?"

"Mai I love it."

"Really babe?"

"Yes, why would you think I didn't like it?"

"Well your face showed something else."

"I'm sorry but I get it and I love it."

"I'll see you tonight love."

"See you tonight lovebug."

I love this woman but I feel like she felt some type of way about the song. I saw it all in her face. I wish she would've told me the whole truth. After five years I know her and she wasn't telling me the whole truth. I'll get it out of her tonight. I'm glad it's Friday, I can't wait to get home and chill with my boo. On Fridays we order out and Netflix N Chill. Yes we actually chill, snuggled up with each other.

Janet

Hey, I guess it's my turn. I'm a twenty-nine year old lawyer making a name for myself in the law world. Since I've been practicing I've only lost one case. It was one of the hardest cases to take to trial. Life is wonderful, I have the best girlfriend in the world. She's an up and coming musician and she can sang. Her talent is endless, she writes some wonderful music. I've sat in on her recording most of her album and it's great.

The song I just listened to was great. I can't help but to think it's a message to me. Ella is great, she's the best person to be in a relationship with. I don't know why it has taken me so long to propose. She is so worthy of it, she's been by my side every step of the way. I guess I've always wanted to make my proposal to her extra special.