Night Of Discoveries: Spies In Disguise

   "Finally up?"

   I peeked a look above to find Aaron staring me down. "Yeah," my voice was rough and quiet. "Where are we?"

   I sat up in the wide bed and looked at my surroundings. A huge, red curtained window scoured the west wall. A wooden-carved door sat straight across from where I lay. Aaron sat in a chair beside the bed and a  large dresser. Other than basic bedroom furniture, the room was empty.

   "We've reached the mansion," Aaron's expression was scanning, looking for any trouble on my face.

   "How long have I been out?" I croaked.

   "Approximately 3 days."

   "That long? When did we get here?" I cleared my throat and yawned.

   "We entered the mansion just a few hours ago and nobody but the butlers have seen us."

   I froze. "It's so quiet...Where are the others?"

   "They're enjoying their new rooms, for now. We're also unpacking." I bent down to  find our open suitcases below Aaron.

   "Alright, it seems we're safe for now. I need a shower."

                                                                                           *

   "Round up the others," I sat, cross-legged, on the floor in front of my luggage, freshly-showered and well-fed.

   "What are we going to say to them? They've been dying to know what happened to you after you'd gone.." Aaron had showered and eaten as well and stood above me with a doubtful expression in his dark jeans and brand name sweater.

   "Everything," I said simply as he left the room.

   A few moments later I was tackled and hugged by Dylan, James, and especially Mel.

   "What happened to you?" Mel was a princess in her all-pink attire. "When we all discovered that you were gone, Aaron just said he'd be back shortly and left as a wreck!"

   "It's true!" James had his hair in it's normal, flippy style but his eyes looked tired, as if he'd stayed up all night. "We waited a few hours but we didn't see you guys for almost 3 days!"

   "Where did you go?" Dylan also looked upset.

   I smiled sadly. These three really did think of me more than I'd thought.

   "I'll explain in a while. But Aaron and I have got important news."

   "What could be more important than you're safety?" Mel broke out in tears.

   "Come on, calm down," I whispered as Dylan comforted her.

   "I've gained some information about our case in my leave."

   And I told them my whole story of being kidnapped, leaving out the parts about Aaron's true form, D, and the origin of The Village.

   "Aaron and I are familiar with these people. We believe that they have something to do with what we're dealing with here."

   When I finished my story, the room was dead silent. Aaron looked at me worryingly. I just turned to look at the group and wasn't surprised to find their enraged and saddened gazes.

   Yet for some reason, I didn't have to dive into their minds to hear their thoughts, they just came to me, like bees attracted to honey... Something felt wrong.

   "So you're saying the people who captured you have something to do with the 'supernatural' events going on in this estate?" Dylan put his chin in his hands and looked up at the ceiling.

   "Exactly, I'll need you all to take note of each tiny detail and report it to us every night, all right?"

   "Alright," they said in unison.

   "And lastly, I've got all of your disguises here with me," I patted my bulky bag and chuckled as I saw Mel's sad stare become excited and hopeful.

   I unzipped the leather slowly and took out a few normal, teenage boy clothes. "Dylan, you'll need to ditch your sweater vest look..." Thankfully, Dylan took the clothes with a raised brow and no complaints.

   "And Mel, I don't think you'll like this, but it's necessary..." and I handed her the pile of black, ripped clothing.

   She stared at them wide-eyed. "I'm goth?"

   I didn't reply. I'd thought she'd be upset...

   "That's way cool! I've always wanted to try being dark and sneaky!"

   I shook my head with a smile. "James, you'll like this." I tossed the high-class clothes into his arms.

   "I'm playing the rich boy?" James looked mischievously at the gold and white clothing.

   "No," I corrected. "You're playing the rich, SHY boy."

   He just smirked and checked the layers.

   "These will last you a week. See me if there are any problems. Optional hair dye is enclosed."

   "Wait, what about you and Aaron? Any fashion changes?" Mel was observant.

   "No," I said, smirking slightly. "Don't need it."

   And with that, the meeting was adjourned.

                                                                                           *

   The next day was a big surprise.