Five: SUZY

On Saturday morning, Eomma drive me, Yoona, and Stephanie to the mall to hunt for something to wear for the CJ E&M thing. Stephanie had already purchased the perfect little black dress weeks ago so she was there to help us get our glam on - and maybe hit the food court for lunch afterward.

"What do you think?" I asked, checking myself out in the three-way mirror.  The glossy black halter dress came to a flirty but chaste stop right above my knees, perfect for a Sacred Heart event.

And something a granny might wear. A hip granny with rockin' shoulders, but still. 

"It's pretty; you just don't look like you," she said.

"You should talk, where would you wear that?"

Stephanie was on tiptoe, pivoting to see the back view of a black miniskirt, a halter top, and creme blazer she was modeling.

"You don't think it's appropriate for the baby shower?"

"Have they changed the theme from tropical to S&M? Wait, that would probably be more fun for you," I laughed, doing a twirl of my own. Nope, still not me.

"No, Jisoo might . . . might," she said, knocking on the wall for luck, "actually make it into his tech group he interviewed for yesterday. Just trying the professional look on for size in case, you, we get to see them create their own company. Think he could handle my CEO persona?"

"The bigger question is, can you handle him handling your CEO persona? Because I think he'd handle it fine."

"Hmm, exactly what I was going for," she said, pivoting one last time, a sly grin crossing her face.

"Okay, how about this one," Yoona said, slinking out of the dressing room in a red cocktail dress with an A-line skirt.

"Im-Damn-Yoona - that is . . ."

"Stunning," Stephanie finished.

"No, come on, better than the white one?"

She stood before the mirror, lifting out the skirt a bit and then letting it swish back into place. The color complemented her milky skin and dark hair in a way that made her look lit-up. Not sure how she pulled it off, but she looked sexy and modest at the same time.

"The other one was nice, but this is, wow," I said, stepping back to take in the dress again.

"That's just it, I think it might be too special," she said turning to the side. "It's not like it's a high school prom or anything. Just a dance with someone I barely know."

"No, this is the dress that Changwook is going to see you in and forget why he's there with Jiwon," Stephanie said.

"Are you bummed that you're going with Kyungnam?" I asked.

She crossed her arms and leaned against the wall. "No, I'm happy I'm going with him, I guess. He's cute, nice, can carry on a conversation, but he's well, I already know I don't want to, like, hook up with him, and shouldn't that be part of a dance? Shouldn't you want to kiss your date? I mean, if it happens, great, but I'm thinking more about Changwook. It doesn't feel right."

"You're putting too much importance on what things should be like," I said, popping back into my dressing room to try on my next choice - a golden halter white faux leather mini-dress with a lace fabric in the midsection. I fumbled with the zipper for a moment, then went back out to the mirror. (I missed Idol-Suzy days).

 (I missed Idol-Suzy days)