Chapter 4

Varian, Ruddiger, and Catalina went straight to the woods to get the tree they need for the celebrations. The blue-streak teenager was wearing his backpack filled with alchemy. They're both slightly struggling since the snow they're walking in is up to their ankles.

"Hey, Varian," Catalina speaks up, shyly. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"If you don't have a... partner during the party, maybe you and I..."

Before she could finish that sentence, Ruddiger starts chittering excitedly.

"What is it, buddy?" The raccoon points at forward to their direction and ran. The two follow him as they trudged through the snowy fields.

"Ruddiger, wait up! You know we can't run in snow this deep!" The red-haired girl shouted.

Once they've stopped running, they were in front of a giant Spruce tree. It was 100-feet tall and has lovely green needles on each branch.

"Wow, this is perfect! Thanks bud," Varian says as they look up in awe and wonder at the beautiful tree.

Catalina's eyes suddenly widen in realization. "Um, how are we going to chop it down without an axe?"

"Don't worry about it, Cat. With the power of alchemy, there is nothing that we can't accomplish." He opens his backpack to reveal numerous types of chemicals inside, along with some ropes and books.

The young girl slightly blushed at the nickname. She didn't have any other ones than just "Red", but it felt nice.

Varian took out a couple of yellow chemical balls and start throwing them at the trunk. The glowing liquid was smeared near the bottom.

Catalina blinks after a few minutes. "Varian, I don't think.."

The teenage alchemist holds up a finger with a smug smirk. "Wait for it..."

Before she can say anything else, the yellow substance begins to melt the trunk like acid. It continued until the bottom is dissolved enough to look like it was actually chopped by an axe.

"I think we should get out of the way." The kids and Ruddiger moved to the sides.

"TIMBER!!" They shouted as they watched the tree make its way to the ground.

Varian ties it with the ropes he had in his bag. "Okay then. Ruddiger, would you do the honors?"

He gives his pet an small vial. Ruddiger grabs and drinks it, turning him into the same gigantic, hulking form he was during the battle against Zhan Tiri.

He and Catalina wrapped the other ends of the ropes around the giant raccoon. They both climb up on his back.

"Alright, let's get this tree back to Corona," Varian declares. "Hang on tight!"

And with that, Ruddiger pulled the tree and walked towards the kingdom.