Chapter 7

Lance and Kiera arrived back at the sweet shoppe and bakery. They have finally delivered the last batch of goodies for the customers and are now about to go back to the castle with theirs.

"You two were a great help," Monty exclaims as he and Attila gave them the boxes they need for the party. "Here, for both the celebrations and your hard work. We couldn't have done it without you."

"It's no big deal," Lance waves it off. "The best thing is that we get to have these delicious pastries and sweets as a reward."

Kiera chuckle in amusement as they walk to the castle. "Happy Holidays, you guys!" She said waving to the two shopkeepers. "We'll see you later."

"Happy Holidays!" They waved back.
————————————————————————
Once they arrived back at the palace, the father and daughter duo gasp is awe at the beautifully decorated hallways and rooms inside. Wreaths, ribbons, and garland were all hung on the doors and walls.

Rapunzel turns around and sighs in relief once she saw them.

"Thank goodness, you two are the first ones to arrived," She tells them. "What happened while you were getting the treats? It's only a short trip to Monty's and Attila's."

"They needed help with deliveries, so we volunteered," Kiera explains, bluntly. Lance slightly cleared his throat at the girl to mind her manners.

"Oh... well, you can drop off the goodies in the kitchen while you're at it," The princess instructed. "And maybe you could also help the chefs and handmaidens with setting up the banquet."

"Okay." The two made their way to the kitchen, where they found the royal chefs preparing the dinner.

"Um, hello," Lance greets. "Does anyone know where we can..."

"You can put them on that cart next to you," One of the chefs says, pointing at one that was literally next to them.

"Oh... well, thank you," Lance and Kiera put the goodies on the cart as they were told.

"The princess says that we can also help you guys if that's okay with you," The dark-haired girl offered. "We are very helpful when it comes to cooking and sorting stuff out."

The kitchen staff glance at each other with knowing looks. It would get the work done faster with extra help. Not to mention the fact that they can't defy orders from the royal family themselves.

"Alright then, here's what you will do," The head chef starts off. "Lance, you can stay here to concoct the dishes while Kiera will help the maids set the tables and handle the silverware, plates, and bowls in the banquet room."

"Yes sir," The two of them salute and went to work.

*It looks like this fanfic will be finished sometime after Christmas or New Years Eve.*