Chapter 10

(Kathrine’s POV)

I watched in horror as my friends and sister were taken away.

“NO!” Leo shouted.

“Come back!” We tried to follow them but Leo, stumbled and held his knee. I tried to run faster but I only made it a few feet before my tail caught up in my legs and I fell face first into the dirt.

“They’re gone.” Leo said solemnly, “I couldn’t do anything!”

“Leo? Kathrine?” I turned and saw April staring off into space with white eyes, “My eyes.”

“What’s wrong April?” I stumbled to her side, as did Leo.

“April. You’re blind?” Leo asked with a hint of fear.

“Not exactly.”

“What does that mean?” I cocked my head in confusion. How can you not exactly by blind?

“Somehow I-I got a physic connection to the monster. Maybe from Donnie’s Nurrow Transmitter?” She asked. Me and Leo looked at each other, completely confused at what she just said.

She huffed in annoyance, “I’m seeing through it’s eyes.” She pointed at her eyes and I watched in anticipation, “I know where it’s taking them!” Suddenly she held her stomach, “Uh oh. And I know why it took them too.”

My eyes widened, “It wants to eat them?!”

April nodded. ‘Oh no…’

“Well lets go!” I started to lead them into the woods.

I suddenly heard a yell and I turned to see April on the ground, holding her head.

“April! Ah!” Leo collapsed on the ground too. I looked at them with a worried expression.

“I-I’m fine. I… I could feel the creature’s pain. It got dizzy” She stood up, “The guys are at the top of Talbid Peak. We better hurry.” I nodded, forgetting for a moment she couldn’t see.

“Hurry?” Leo stood up, a little wobbly. His voice was soft and strained, “April look at us.”

“That’s a little difficult right now!” She exclaimed and I felt a stab of annoyance towards the red head.

“That’s my point! You can’t see, I can’t walk.” He sighed and pointed at me, “She’s the only one of us who’d do any good.”

My eyes held hurt in them for the two, “No I’m not.” I walked up to them and put a paw on each of their shoulders, “I’m just as bad. I’m a mutant. And I can’t even control my own tail! I’m not a ninja or a street fighter, and all these smells and sounds confuse me.” I hung my head, “To be honest, I’m worse. I could have tried to do something but I couldn’t! You’re injured and April’s practically blind!” I shut my eyes, “I could have prevented this…”

Silence greeted my words and that’s what I expected. Everything I said was true. I didn’t want pity. I just wanted to be useful.

“We’ll make it!” April suddenly declared and started to walk away.

Me and Leo looked on in surprise. That is, until she walked right into a tree.

“Hehe, I meant to do that…” She said and I frowned. And the impossible journey began.

(Joleen’s POV)

I breathed heavily and stared wide eyed at the mighty Chimera. It had dropped us in it’s nest and we had tried to get away. So far… it wasn’t working.