Sorry

"Oh, no, please don't disturb. Please, no, don't disturb, no"

April 1995

Static Major

"Trust me, my sister can sing, dance and can write her ass off man. I think she would be perfect for Swing Mob." I said.

"Can I see her work on some tracks and maybe hear her sing first? Then maybe.. Listen I said MAYBE see what I can do." Devante said. Despite his 'Maybe' it still put a smile on my face.

"Aye thanks De." I smile.

"No problem man."

"Serenity, come here for a second." I called out her name.

"Yes big bro? Hey how you doing?" Serenity smiled at me and waved at Devante when she noticed him.

"I'm doing good. Let me see what you are working with. Sorry if we bugged you but I got some time right now. You don't got to sing just yet, I want you to show me some songs you wrote." Devante said.

"Oh sure." Serenity said immediately grabbing her notebook and handing it over to Devante. We stood here in silence while he was reading some of her lyrics. Both of us looked at each other when he started bopping his head. It was like he can hear the beat in his head.

"So what do you think?" Serenity asked him after a while of silence. He looked away from her notebook and he smiled at her.

"Do Not Disturb is a really dope song.. really dope girl. I think I got someone who can sing the second and third verse." Devante smirked putting his thumb and pointer finger around his chin.

"Oh my god! So does that mean...." Serenity was freaking out but was carful not to ask her full question in hopes he would answer it for her.

"Yes, welcome to Swing Mob." Devante smiled wider grabbing some papers out his open briefcase. "You can read over that. If you have any questions just let me know, alright." Devante added as he slid the papers over to her.

I took them from her and skimmed through the papers first before I handed them to her not seeing any true red flags that stood out. She looked at me skeptical until I gave her a nod of approval to sign the papers. Once she signed them I was excited because my little sister was finally on the team.

"Thank you so much for this....  for actually believing in me. And this really means a lot for you to sign me Devante." Serenity said to me as she gave me a hug and then Devante a side hug.

"Shit this wasn't no problem, little sis." I kissed her cheek rubbing her back gently.

"Aye let me show you around so you can meet everyone." Devante said to her making us break our sibling moment.

"Well I guess that means I'll see you later sis. And aye Devante look out for my sister you hear?" I told them.

"I got ya." Devante said as they both walked the door.

Serenity

Devante was looking so good on the ride to the building and I was really trying to relax. He was just so fine. I felt so nervous especially with my brother not around to ease the conversations.

Once we arrived and made our way into the building Devante let me meet everyone as we went around the building and of course i still was lowkey freaking out. To even be in the same room as most of the people I met was insane. I mean if you were in my shoes you would freak out to right? After meeting a few more people Devante showed me around one of the studios we would be working in.

"So I'm going to produce your album. And believe me its going to be hot. But first I want to start off with Do Not Disturb. I'm going to play around with it, and we will go from there. Cool?" Devante said.