Louisville, Kentucky

Static Major

"What is Devante doing here?" I asked Serenity.

"He is here to support me in during this horrible time. We are seeing each other okay!  And I'm sorry if you don't like it. But someone told me that I need to do something that makes me happy and stop worrying about how it will effect others. So that is what I am doing." Serenity told me.

"Okay. I cant get mad. You are grown." I told her shrugging my shoulders. What was the use of getting angry. 

"That's it? You are not going to try and fight him?" Serenity asked me looking shocked and I just laughed.

"Nah, me and De are always going to be good. If he makes you happy then I'm happy." I told her. She smiled and gave me a hug.

"Thank you." Serenity said squeezing me tighter.

-

Louisville, Kentucky

We were going to stay at a hotel since Serenity doesn't really live here in Louisville and I knew for sure my mom wasn't going to let her stay with her due to her still being salty. But the more that I thought about it my Mom had to face this and get over the past.

"Okay, everything is set at my moms house." I told Serenity and Devante.

"Hold up, I thought you guys had the same mother?" Devante asked us.

"Nah." We both said.

"We just have the same dad. She is from Harlem." I told him.

"Oh okay." Devante nodded his head now understanding.

"Bro, you know that your mom doesn't like me." Serenity told me.

"Well she needs to get the fuck over it. So come on." I told them.

-

"Oh my gosh, Devante Swing from Jodeci." Some of my cousins squealed when they noticed. So they went over immediately to meet him.

"Hey son." My mom rushed out the house and gave me a hug.

"Hey mom, how are you holding up?" I asked her.

"I will be fine." My mom told me but I could tell she wasn't going to be okay. My dad was the love of her life. Yeah, my dad cheated on her with Serenity's mom but my mom forgave him and he didn't cheat on her anymore from what I knew. So I don't know why she is still salty.

"Hey Sunny. Can I talk to you?" I heard Serenity say behind me.

"Sure." My Mom told her. So I walked out of the kitchen after hugging and kissing them both so they could have their talk in private.