[2] On a date, but not dating

Martha's POV

My alarm clock blared "Uhh, no" I said as I wrapped myself in my bed sheets.

The alarm didn't stop, so I hit it really hard "Ow" I winced in pain. At least my alarm stopped, wait what time is it?

I looked over at my alarm clock, 8:27 it read "Oh no, I'm late for school!" I screeched as I hopped out of bed and ran to my closet to find my uniform.
Then it hit me, "It's Saturday. I don't have school today" I sighed in relief "It's Saturday" I repeated, something feels wrong.
Oh no, I have a date with that Ian guy today at eleven. "Crap, I forgot".

After a"quick" shower, I made myself breakfast that consisted of avocado on toast with butter.
After I finished my toast, the time was 9:31, so I decided to get dressed.

When I got to my room, I gathered my two nicest outfits; a black and pink floral blouse, white skirt, and black purse or a slightly lacy white blouse, jean skirt and the same black purse

(look no 1)

(look no 2)

(look no 2)

"Hmm, I think I'll go with the first outfit

"Hmm, I think I'll go with the first outfit. Or maybe the second..." I ponder for a moment before deciding that the first outfit was best.
The time was now 9:50, For once I'm actually prepared to leave before the time I have to leave!

I decided that I'll play some video games to pass the time, so I start my Nintendo and play smash bros while I wait.

After strings of victory and swearing at the CPU's, it was 10:50, the time I said I'd leave at.

Walking downstairs, I see my mom in the kitchen, "Hey mom" I said as I started to put my shoes on.

"Hello sweetheart, where are you heading off to," mom says sweetly "I'm going to that new cafe mom, I'll be back by three."

I tell her. I feel bad lying to her, but technically I'm not lying. "Well ok, stay safe!" she reminds me, I quickly agree and say goodbye.
After leaving, I lightly jogged to the cafe as it wasn't too far from home and I arrived just on time.

When I get there, I see Ian waiting outside, "Hey, Ian" I spoke as I ran up to him. "Oh, hey Martha," he said with a light blush as I began to take in his appearance.

He had gelled his hair in a side sweep, and he shaved the light scruff from around his jaw.

He was dressed in a black flannel shirt with deep navy jeans and black shoes, definitely dressed to impress.

"Wow you look... amazing," I said genuinely stunned at how he looked, he was different from the man I had first talked to, he was...more impressive. But I guess that was his goal, to impress me. 

"Thanks, You look fantastic as well," he told me. I felt heat rise to my cheeks, "Thank you" I replied shyly. "No problem. Now, shall we?" he said while gesturing to the door "mhm" I nodded before following Ian inside the cafe.

Once we walked inside a waitress greeted us and took us to a table near the front window.
"So what would you like to order," the waitress asked us.
"Oh, do you have strawberry shortcake?" I asked hopefully

"Yes, we do! Would you like some?" she replied gracefully "Yes, please!" I said, filled with excitement.

"Alright, and anything for you, sir?" she said "Uh, just a coffee," Ian said.

"Ahh young love. Must be a rare thing nowadays, a year ago I'd see couples left and right." The waitress spoke as she wrote down our orders.

My face flushed "U-um we're not-" Ian cut me off "We're not dating". "Oh really? My apologies, I didn't know." she apologized, "It's no problem." I told her before she nodded curtly and walked off

"Ok, that was awkward, but like, really?! No cake" I ask Ian surprised that he didn't get any cake.
"I don't really like cake," he said. "How does a member of the human race not like cake? I mean even dogs like cake. They can't necessarily eat it but still... " I ramble on until Ian cuts me off.

"I don't like cake because it's too sweet for me," He tells me with a soft smile.
"Oh right that makes sense, sorry for rambling," I said, feeling embarrassed that I didn't just assume that, well at least I didn't assume anything!

We sat in the cafe for about an hour and a half before we left to go walk around downtown.
After we walked around, we headed to the arcade. We talked, gamed but mostly laughed, who knew Ian was so funny.  His jokes are a little lame, but that's what makes them funny!

All in all, when the clock came to three, I didn't want to go home.

Sadly Ian had to go home. I learnt his parents were strict when it came to his well being; they would even force him to stop playing football if he got hurt.
So we said our goodbyes.

"Bye Ian, I'll see you at school on Monday, right?" I asked him.
"Yep, I'll see you on Monday" he paused for a second before continuing "Let's do this again sometime" he finished.

"Yes, let's," I said before turning around and beginning on my way back home.
Just before I made a turn, I did something.

I don't know why, but I turned around and hugged him.
"Thanks for today," I said with a blush, "Oh, um, no problem! Any time,"
he said as he reluctantly wrapped his arms around me.

"I think I love you..."

I mumbled under my breath, only hoping he couldn't hear me.
We stay like that for a moment before I push away with a red face.
I turn to run home, "Bye!" I screamed as I ran.

I turned a corner, stopped and slapped my cheeks in attempt to stop my rising blush.

Stupid, why would you do that, he probably thinks you're a creep now.

A/n
Oof, I think I over did this chapter.