[3] Blair, the master actress

Narrator's POV

On Monday, Kathleen was back. Kathleen was a tall girl with long black hair; she's also the captain of the girl's basketball team.

Martha was in the lunchroom sitting and talking to Courtney.

"Hey, Martha!" exclaimed Mckenna as she wrapped an arm around Martha. "Can you come sit with us?" Mckenna said as she pointed back to her table.

Martha was surprised, to say the least.
She thought that sitting with the popular girls was a one-time thing.

"O-oh, ok" Martha stutters in surprise as she turns to Courtney and apologises before she follows Mckenna back to her table.

"So Martha, this is Kathleen you two haven't met yet" Mckenna claimed as she sat down.

Martha nodded her way before she noticed that Blair wasn't at the table.

"Hi there, um, where's Blair? I swear I saw her in the halls earlier today" Martha questioned the girl's, specifically Clair; who was Blair's twin.

"Oh, uhh, she had a, um, fever?" Clair said though it sounded more like a question.

"Yes, she had a fever, so she went to the nurses' office." Mckenna covered for Blair.

Truth be told Blair didn't have a fever and definitely wasn't at the nurses' office; instead, she was on her way to Ian's class.
Why you may ask?

Because after Mckenna had heard that Martha and Ian were a thing, she was beyond angry.

Knowing it was Clair's stupid idea, Mckenna made her think of a way to ruin Martha and Ian's relationship.

The two had been on one date and had only met four days ago but acted like they had known each other forever.

They were made for each other, but what pissed Mckenna off, even more, was that she had been the one to pressure Matha into asking Ian out.

Mckenna had come up with a plan; Blair would lie to Ian, telling him that Martha only planned to use him, that she was dared to ask him out and that's the only reason Martha asked him, that she didn't really like him at all.

We now focus on Blair, who just arrived at Ian's class.
Blair doesn't knock on the already open door; she struts right up to Ian's desk, now
the drama begins.

"Ian..." Blair begins with sorrowful eyes.
"Ian, you know how Clair, Mckenna, Martha and I are, like, friends now?" Ian just nodded as he listened to the girl, ready to deny anything bad about Martha.

"Yes? Ok, so Martha was talking bad about you, for example, she said that you're way too tall to be human and that you look kinda sketchy."

Ian felt his face scrunch up in confusion; he knew Martha would never say such things, even if she really felt them.

"Yes, and that's not even the worst!" Blair exclaimed loudly so that everyone would turn to watch.

"Martha said she didn't really love you."

"She only asked you out because she was dared to by Mckenna."

"She's just going to use you to look cool."

Blair kept on lying, making sure everyone heard her.
She was sure that Ian would believe her by now, that Martha didn't care when in reality, she was already missing him.

Blair was right. Ian did believe her; he looked sad and almost, afraid.

Blair smirked, her job was done, and she was satisfied with how she executed it.

"Oh well, I have to go. Bye. Hope you feel better, not" Blair spoke as she left Ian's class, who had his head in his hands, on the verge of tears.

Martha had been so nice and welcoming; Ian even swears he heard her say she loved him when they hugged.

Now he's sure it was just his imagination, but it came as no surprise to Ian that Martha was fake, just like everyone in his life.

His parents weren't his biological parents, the football team only pretended to like him because he was good at football, and now Martha,
-a girl he barely knew but the person he hoped to real more than anyone in his life-
only pretended to like him so she could look cool?

Ian wasn't just upset- no, he was devastated.

Meanwhile, during lunch, the girls were sickeningly sweet to Martha, so sweet, she was starting to get suspicious.

After lunch, Martha walked back to class. Martha just so happened to have math, the only class she shares with Ian, so she was excited to see him.

When she got to class, Ian was already there, "Ian, Hi" Martha said as she walked up to his desk.

Ian ignored her, "Hey, Ian?" Martha repeats.

"What do you want from me." Ian snapped at the girl. "I-Ian, what's up with you?" Martha said, taken back by Ians sudden burst of anger.

"You, that's what! Did you think I would fall for your trick!" Ian stated as he abruptly stood up.
"W-what trick?" Martha spoke as she trembled under Ian's angry gaze.

"Stop playing dumb Martha, Blair told me everything. That you pretended to like me to be cool, that you made fun of me behind my back! I don't even know why I thought you'd be different!" Ian spoke angrily.

Martha didn't know what to say, why would Blair do that?

Martha's eyes widened in realisation, why the popular girls were so nice today, they were only friendly so that they could go behind her back and ruin her and Ian's relationship.

"That's not true," Martha replied meekly.

"I'll believe that when pigs fly," Ian said before turning to go back to his desk.

Martha only stood there, shocked that Ian believed Blair over her, and didn't even let her explain.

A/n
Sorry, this chapter is a little short, but I wanted to end it on a cliffhanger!