chapter one.

[23 October 2016]

An eighteen year old girl skipped through the house from school leaving her friends to make themselves at home downstairs. She bowed politely to some of the maids she passed by and the bodyguards who smiled at her in return.

"Good evening, Mr. Han. Is Ahia home?" She asked greeting her butler who carried an empty tray of food. "Yes he is, darling. He requested not to be disturbed a couple of hours ago but I'm sure he wouldn't mind his sister paying him a visit," he smiled sweetly at her she did to him back.

Thinking about her friends downstairs, she looked back to Mr. Han who was about to exit the hall. "Oh, Mr. Han. Would you be kind enough to ask Mr. Li to make the boys dinner, and perhaps his signature cake?" Mr. Han smiled adoringly and replied, "Of course, dear. You don't have to ask."

Mr. Han has been in the Wang household even before the siblings were born. He was a loyal and kind man in his sixties who gave you a sense of warmth when you looked at him. Mr. Han watched the children grow up to adults and was proud of what they have become, especially for the younger one. Unlike other children who come from a rich household, she grew up to be a woman who held respect for everyone she encountered and treated everyone equally. She remembers all the names of the people who work in their household and made sure that they felt comfortable around her even though they worked for her family. She was a people's person who had a gift of making everyone she crossed paths with remember her. The eighteen year old was soft-spoken but could speak with much authority when needed. She always tried to find the silver lining of every dark cloud and always graced a big toothy smile that drew people in. Despite her difficulties growing up, she overcame every obstacle and never failed to take care of the ones dear to her even of it meant neglecting her own happiness.

"Good evening, Mr. Xu. How was your day?" She asked stopping to greet the tall man who stood in front of her brother's office. "Very good, Miss. Thank your for asking," he replied as the girl just smiled and gave a court nod. Mr. Xu stepped aside and opened the door for her. She entered the room and turned a corner not before saying thanks.

She smiled and held her new creation that she has been working on for a few months. It was an A.I. robot that would dance, play a song, change faces, and read a book if you asked it to. She was excited to show it to her brother since she knew that he had been lonely in his office ever since he took over the company their dad left 6 years ago. He had only been 21 when he was forced to lead a big company and set it straight.

"Good evening, brother. I have-," she said busy looking at the robot she held in her hands not noticing her brother until she looked up. She dropped the robot and found herself not being able to talk or move. Her chest hurt as her heartbeat started to beat faster. "A-ahia, please no," she whispered not able to find strength to say it aloud.

There stood her brother by his curtain window that was wide open. By his desk were ridiculous amounts of empty alcohol bottles. He turned his back and looked at her with puffy eyes, runny nose and red face. He smiled at her which caused shivers to envelop her body. 'No, please don't,' she begged in her head as her chest started to tighten more.

He stared at her with a spine-chilling smile and calm face. "Xiao Xing," he called out softly. It was the nickname he had given his little sister when she was born but sadly didn't end up being her real name. He chuckled and moved sloppily indicating that he was heavily intoxicated as if the empty bottles didn't spoil it already. "You know, I've thought about this for the whole afternoon and I'm ready, little sis." The said girl tried to approach him but her state of mind only allowed her to take painfully little steps.

"Ahia, please don't," she cried desperately. Tears rolled down her cheeks endlessly as if water were planted on her eyes on purpose. She shook her head repeatedly as she felt oxygen was being squeezed out of her body.