chapter two.

[4 September 2018]

It had only been a days since Mingde opened their door for the new school year yet a certain girl had already caught herself in twisted drama. Her name is Dong Shan Cai and she likes to describe herself as a strong weed that can't be trampled. Right now she held her broken phone who caused her the title of Mr. Bobbit's attacker.

She was approached by her friends Li Zhen and Qing He who apologized for failing to protect her. "Why did you attack Mr. Bobbit?" Li Zhen asked although she already knew in her head that Shan Cai was not the type of person to pull a stunt like that. "I didn't want to attack him. I was trying to find the F4 member with green shoes. One of them stepped on my phone and broke it," she explained with a tired look.

"F4? Who's F4?" Qing He asked curiously. "I don't know but they seen to be very popular," the petite girl shrugged.

"The F4 members are very popular seniors," the three turned around to be met by a girl who gave them a smile. "Are you guys new?" she asked.

"Yes. We're freshmen from the Nutrition Department. And you are?" Shan Cai spoke. The said girl with pixie hair replied, "Junior in Journalism. I'm Guo Caijie." The junior was complimented by Qing He who looked at her in awe. As Qing He seemed distracted by the journalist, Shan Cai still pondered on unanswered questions.

"Caijie, why is F4 so popular?" Shan Cai asked. Guo Cai Jie smiled and walked in front of them as they followed suite. "They're four senior students at Mingde. Their average height is 185cm," she started as they passed by the said seniors who spared no glance at them.

"They're all very handsome, talented and outgoing. Most importantly, at school, they all excel in their respective fields. Huaze Lei majors in music. Ximen, Meizuo, and Daoming Si major in business administration. They attract a lot of attention at school. They always get the best scholarships and they're all skilled in at least three languages. They're not only smart, they have great taste too. They might look like players, but they respect women. The four of them are very close. They've been friends since they were little. It's almost impossible for someone new to join them. Because of that, F4 has always been very mysterious at Mingde," she explained as they started to head to the other side of the building.

"The girls all love them, and there are a lot of boys who want to prove that they're better than them. These boys challenge them to prove that they're more popular and more attractive." Shan Cai voiced her thoughts at the mention of challenge as the junior explained that they play Bridge.

"Bridge is an international card game that's elegant and civilized. It's competitive and requires skill and cooperation. They're not only the stars of Mingde, they're also stars in the Bridge world. If anyone wants to beat them, they'll have to be really good. But, since F4 founded the Bridge club, no one has been able to beat them. The four of them have different strengths when playing Bridge," the Junior started again.

"Feng Meizuo is the artistic one. He loves literature and art. He's good at designing exhibitions and holding salons. At the Bridge table, he has incredible memory. He never forgets anything. He's also very humorous. After listening to his jokes, his opponents often lower their defense. They start to take the game less seriously."

"Ximen is very subtle and cautious. His family adores tea. He is very skilled in the art of tea. At the Bridge table, he's good at strategies. He knows how to play mind games. He distracts his opponents. They often don't even know how they lost. They call him the Battle God."

"Huaze Lei is a music genius. He has perfect pitch and plays many instruments. He earns many music scholarships every year. At the Bridge table, he's calm and poised. The opponent can never tell what his hand is like. Some say he has laser eyes that can see through others' trickery. Also, they say that when the opponent sees his smile, they'll give up their best card."