09. time flies

━━A LOT HAD HAPPENED IN THE THREE YEARS THAT PASSED. The main changes for Ethel had a lot to do with a certain King Caspian.

For one, they did end up getting married.

A year into their courtship, when Ethel was eighteen, Caspian took Ethel out to the gardens late at night, and pulled out a ring to propose. Obviously, Ethel accepted.

The two actually had a rather small wedding. Only people (some weren't exactly human, though) who were connected closely to the family were present, per Ethel's request.

Caspian and Ethel exchanged vows, kissed, had cake, danced— all the usual for a wedding.

They were happily married for roughly a year, when something even more wonderful happened.

Ethel fell pregnant.

She was rather nervous to tell Caspian at first, as he was freshly twenty, and her nineteen. Although she had always known she wanted kids, she wasn't even sure if Caspian wanted a child yet. But when he found out, he was jumping for joy. Literally.

The way he cared so much for his wife and unborn child was incredibly endearing— if not slightly annoying when he became a little too overprotective over Ethel. But overall, the queen found it sweet, and she could tell he would be a great dad when the time came.

And around nine months later, in the early hours of the morning, a beautiful, healthy baby girl was born.

Ethel spent hours in a tremendous amount of pain, swearing and screaming that she would never do this again (she, herself, doubted that, though). But finally, their precious child was here.

They named her Magdalena, Maggie for short.

She grew to have her father's dark brown eyes, and her mother's lighter locks of hair. The baby never seemed to stop grinning, which both of her parents found adorable.

Ethel awaited her younger siblings' return anxiously. She couldn't wait to tell them the great news, or for them to meet their niece. Ethel only hoped that they would arrive soon.

It had been roughly eight months since Magdalena was born, and she would be experiencing her first voyage.

Ethel was hesitant at first, but ultimately gave in because she knew that the voyage was of utmost importance, and that Caspian didn't want to be away from his child for who knows how long.

He also gave Ethel permission to kill him if anything happened to Magdalena, so there was that, too.

So, that's where the royal family currently was. In the middle of the ocean aboard the Dawn Treader.

Ethel woke up one morning with an odd feeling— it was almost as if she could tell that something was going to happen that day. Something important.

A/N: HI! Yes, I know that Caspian is supposed to have a SON named Rilian,
but I wanted him to have a daughter.
It'll be up to you whether or not they
have Rilian later on because he won't
be in this book anyway.

Also, hey 😏 if you're reading this
after I updated rn. Long time no see.
Anyway, I know a lot of people on here
don't like kids, but in case you couldn't already tell, Ethel is the type of person
that loves taking care of things and people, and she's a big dreamer. She's always imagined having, and wanted to have, a family of her own.