About Damn Time (James Potter)

"Uhm a James Potter x soulmate reader where you physically glow when you first make eye contact with your soulmate and they meet in a super awkward way" - vibin-n-thrivin on tumblr

A/n - so this is the first request I'm doing I hope you love it

Warning - none, I only act as though there's three magically schools seen as they are the only three we've met. This is also shorter than usual.

word count - 1573

***

By 6th year most had met their soulmates, the wizarding world wasn't as large as the normal world and rarely were wizards soulmates muggles therefore most met at school. Whether it be somebody from your own school or somebody from beauxbatons or durmstrang the majority met during there school years.

Of course there were acceptations, those whose soulmates are muggles, those whose soulmates aren't enrolled in school, those who quite simply just don't catch the eye of their soulmate and finally, those whose soulmate has passed away.

Y/n l/n had come to the conclusion only weeks ago, after the end of the triwizard tournament , that her soulmate had in fact died. She knew it would be better to have a soulmate that was dead than one that was a muggle as she would quite simply be disowned by her mother and father no matter how much love she held for whoever he or she may be. She would love them but her parents would not and she wasn't quite ready to put herself through that.

It was fair to say she hadn't been the most cheerful girl in the school since she came to her final conclusion. While everybody was gushing over their new found love, her friends having all found the one, she was sat in the corner trying her very best not to seem like she was wallowing in self pity.

Gryffindor had just won the quidditch cup, resulting in a huge party being held in the common room, she had gotten used to these events and at this point had multiple dresses in her room for times like this. The Gryffindor girl pulled on a simple black dress and quickly cast a few charms that made her look much more presentable and not like she had been in classes, miserable, all day.

Making her way down the stairs she could hear the party already commencing and when she finally made it to the common room she could smell it too.

She scouted out her friends and she quickly walked over to the group of girls stood by the drinks table .

She swiftly pored herself a glass of some unknown alcohol and they grinned at her, Marlene looking her up and down before giving her a thumbs up.

"You look amazing" she grinned and Alice nodded in agreement "if I was a lesbian I'd fuck" she carried on, winking earning a laugh from the group.

"Who needs a soulmate anyway" lily said "you make a brilliant independent women you don't need one"

"It would be nice though wouldn't it" y/n replied taking a gulp of her drink "and it's easy for all you to say, you've all found your soulmates"

"You still might" Alice said quietly "he could be a muggle"

"Don't be silly, I would rather not have one than have to go through the family drama of having a muggle soulmate" she said "anyway, can we change the conversation please I don't want to think about my absolutely miserable life"

By the end of the night lily and y/n were left dancing in the centre of the room, Marlene having ran off with Sirius to god knows where and Alice had withdrew to their dorm with frank. Lily's boyfriend was a Slytherin, preventing the red head from leaving her on her own to fend off all the lonely boys with girl troubles.