➵ Oikage - I Want To Break Up

Tooru sighed, preparing himself for what he was about to do. Sure, it was just some dare, but he wasn't sure how Tobio would react, and although said boyfriend might get mad, he is dating Tooru, he should expect something -stupid- like this. Maybe Tobio would expect it to be a prank, since, again, he is dating the one and only Oikawa Tooru.

Tooru walked downstairs in his alien hoodie, he could hear Tobio humming in the kitchen, probably making both of them hot chocolate based on the sounds of mixing. It was snowing outside, and the fireplace was burning bright. It was awfully domestic, and Tooru couldn't help but wonder if this stupid dare would be worth the risk of ruining this.

Before Tooru could think about it too much, Tobio called out. "Tooru? Are you there?"

Tooru hummed instead of his usual cheery response, he had to be in character for this prank. Sitting down on their shared sofa, Tooru hid the mischievous smile creeping onto his face.

Tobio came out of the kitchen with two mugs and god- Tooru had to restrain himself from jumping on his boyfriend and kissing his precious face.

"Here you go", Tobio handed Tooru one of the mugs -Tooru's favourite actually, a colour changing alien one- and Tooru hummed, warming his hands against the surface of said mug. Tobio frowned slightly, probably noticing Tooru's lack of, well, Tooru-ness but didn't say anything. Tobio just sat down next to Tooru and rested his head on Tooru's shoulder.

Tooru took a deep breath.

"I want to break up."

Tobio sprung up from his cuddling position, the most heartbroken expression on his face.

"W-what?"

"I want to break up."

Tooru inwardly berated himself, he didn't expect Tobio to get sad, he kind of expected him to get angry. God, he shouldn't have agreed to this dare. Tobio's face was too much, he wanted to pull him in a hug and reassure him and-

"I'm sorry.... Please- don't leave me..."

Huh? Why is he apologizing?

"What-"

"I promise I'll- I'll be better. Please.. I won't complain or- or disturb you please don't leave me I- I'll" Tobio was shaking, tears were rapidly flowing down his face.

"Please don't- I'll be a better boyfriend, I promise just- please...."

Tooru instantly regrets even agreeing to that stupid dare, pulling Tobio back into his embrace.

"God- I'm sorry Tobio, I not breaking up with you god- I'm sorry Tobs."

Tobio gripped Tooru's hoodie, staining it with his tears. Tooru held Tobio tighter to his chest.

"I'm sorry- I'll do better I swear.. I'll try to become more pretty or cute or- or whatever please.." Tobio sobbed into Tooru's chest.

"Shh, it's not your fault. I'm sorry, it's a stupid dare. I love you, Tobio." Tooru pressed a kiss to Tobio's hair.

"I- please, I won't be needy please don't-"

"Tobio I'm sorry, please stop crying.. Please Tobio, god-"

"I'll change- I won't- can't, please.."

"God- Tobio you're perfect, I'm not breaking up with you.. Please look at me, Tobio.. Tobio, please.."

Hesitantly, Tobio looked up, locking eyes with Tooru. His eyes were red, his cheeks damp. Tooru felt his heart shatter from the image.

"I'm not breaking up with you, god, I'm so sorry Tobi. You're perfect, so, so perfect. It just a stupid dare, god, I'm sorry."

"Y-you're not.....?" Tobio sounded so vulnerable, so scared, as if he's already convinced himself that he deserved to be broken up with, already accepted it.

"No, god, I'm not. I'm sorry, Tobio."

Tobio buried his face into Tooru's chest, his sniffling slowly stopped. Tobio stayed silent, and Tooru thought he fell asleep until.

He felt the sharp pain on his cheek, and the sound of the slap resonated around the room.

Tobio slapped him.

It didn't hurt badly, but it was a pretty hard hit.

"Never scare me like that again!" Tobio's eyes were red and swollen, tears threatening to fall again. Tooru's smile softened, and he placed a soft kiss on Tobio's forehead.

"I'm sorry, I thought you'd get mad. I didn't expect you to cry. I'm sorry Tobio, I really am."

"I don't forgive you." Tobio pouted.

"Will you forgive me if I make you pork curry?"

"With an egg on top?"

"Of course."

"..."

"Tobio?"

"I'll think about it, make me food first."

Tooru let out a soft chuckle, pressing another kiss to Tobio's forehead. Tobio let out a whine and crossed his arms.

"Ok, ok, I'll make your curry."

Tooru ruffled Tobio's hair before getting up and walking to their kitchen. That was probably the most important bowl of pork curry Tooru has ever had to make.