Bright Day

A/N: A little short chapter. 😊
——————————————————————————
The sun rose and was shining so bright into her room that she wanted to put her pillow over her head to get a few more minutes of darkness. Not that she didn't enjoy the sun. But at this moment she loathed it.
Sleep seemed to be an important part of this whole experience. Something that she had read about online. And with so much more information that made her nauseous. She really didn't need to see those birthing videos. It made her unwell and scared. So much so that she tossed and turned all night.
With her lack of sleep and not being able to drink caffeine, she was so not in the mood to do today. In fact, she would stay in bed for as long as possible. Maybe even get a note that would excuse her for the day. She was friends with the head of the NewYork institute after all.
So she would make something up that she had to go over there and help with some issue. It was a way to get out of doing anything Shadowhunter until she talked more with Clary.
There wasn't a manual that explained what to do when you were expecting for Shadowhunters. At least none that she knew of.
But right now she needed just  a few more peaceful minutes of uninterrupted sleep.
She turned her alarm on to snooze and enjoyed the dark and coolness in her room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julian had decided to give Emma some space this morning. If he could he would spend all this time with her. But he knew she wouldn't want him hovering and fussing over every little thing. It was just in his nature to do those types of things. He was basically already a father to his siblings.
So instead of doing that he woke up before her and slipped out of her room to go change and get ready for the day. Breakfast for the kids and maybe he could sneak some food up to Emma.
The kids asked where Emma was that morning. During his serving of chocolate pancakes. He couldn't tell them the truth. At least not yet. So he went with a half truth.
"She's late. Wanted to get a few extra zzz's this morning. She was up late last night training."
"That's Em,for you. Always putting in the extra mile to be a great shadowhunter." Dru said in between bites of food.
"Yeah." Was all he could say. He went back to flipping pancakes.
--------------------------------------------------------------