Chapter Two

February, 2018.

February 14, 2018

Dear : Ate Gia,

I don't even know where to begin. There are so many things I want to say and so many memories I want to reflect on. So, I guess I'll start by just saying; thank you.

Thank you for accepting me. Even though I know you'll be the first one to make fun of me for my stupid mistakes. Thank you for making all of the mistakes before I had a chance to, haha and for being open enough to let me learn from them.

Thank you for being honest. Do you still remember, the last time I thought that I had picked out the coolest outfit ever? But you were there to clue me in on the fact that I wasn't actually as fashionable as I thought I was.

Thank you for standing up for me. I know that you won't let anyone mess with me and I can't thank you enought for all of that. Sometimes, we may argue (because you are really annoying) but at the end of the day, I know I have your back and hope you know that you have mine.

Thank you for not giving up on me. I probably the most annoying part of your days but you are always looking out for me whether it was my first day of school or my first ever dance competition. Thank you for being patience with me especially when there are times that I am pasaway.

Thank you for inspiring me. Remember when there was a time that I copied you? It's because I thought you were the coolest person ever! Can you really blame me for wanting to be as awesome as you?Although you and I are completely different and always have been, you always try your best to relate with me and understands me.

Thank you for loving me. I know we make fun of each other like always, but I know that we do it out of love. Well, you have no choice but to love me, no matter how hard it is sometimes. Hahaha.

My teacher said that Valentine's Day is all about love that's why I write a letter for you to let you know that I love you, ate Gia. Thank you for coming into my life. Happy Valentine's Day!

P.S Don't you ever make fun of me after you read this or else I will punch you, seryoso!

Love,
Your baby Francheese.

..

March, 2019.

"Okay ka laang ga, bunso?" Approach sa akin ni nanay nang makita niya ako dito sa kitchen.

"Yes po, I'm just tired po." Sagot ko saka inubos ang tubig na laman ng baso na hawak ko.

"Siya sige, mauna ka ng mag pahinga sa itaas. Aasikasuhin ko muna ang ibang mga bisita." Nakakaintinding sabi ni nanay. Today is my graduation day. Actually ay kanina pang natapos ang graduation ceremony at nandito na kami sa bahay para sa celebration. Maraming tao sa garden at living room dahil marami rin namang bisita ang dumating lalo na at close si nanay sa mga kapit-bahay namin dito.

Maingay sa labas because of the videoke machine kaya mas pinili kong dito mag stay sa kitchen.

"Thanks po, nanay." Tipid kong ngiti matapos mahugasan ang baso na pinag-inuman ko.

"Oo nga pala, dumaan ka sa kwarto ko, nakapatong sa kama ko ang regalo ko para sayo." Sabi ni nanay na ikina-tigil ko sa paglabas ng kitchen.

"Aw! You're so sweet nanay! Thank you and I love you." Lumapit ako sa kanya para yakapin siya.

"Mahal din kita, bunso." Hinalikan niya ako sa forehead ko na ikina-gaan ng pakiramdam ko.

Matapos kong kunin ang paperbag na naglalaman ng gift ni nanay ay kaagad na akong nagpunta sa room ko.