1. The Yellow Crayon

"Miss Y/N?" The warning voice of your father spoke from the open doorway. You looked up from the paper which you were colouring on, dropping your small yellow crayon to the floor, watching as it rolled under the wardrobe, never to be seen again. "What are you drawing princess?" He questioned, cocking his head as he stalked dominantly into the bedroom. He stood in front of your tiny figure, bending down to pick up the sketch you had been working on this rainy winter afternoon. His eyes glided over the scribble covered paper, only just making out the image of two figures, yourself, and a young boy. "You should come downstairs now Y/N, no more of this silly drawing nonsense okay?" He ordered, scrunching your artwork into a ball and throwing it into the nearby bin, before he paced out into the hallway, not even sparing you a glance.

You let out a long held sigh, turning towards the large, forest green four poster bed. "He has gone, you can come out now." The small boy's figure crawled out from the minuscule space underneath your bed. He brushed the dust out of his hair with a giggle, his bunny smile taking over his entire face as his eyes creased at the corners. He waddled over towards you, plopping himself down on the hardwood spruce floor by your side. "Your dad is a meanie," he whispered in your ear making you frown before you slowly walked over to the gold lined bin and pulling out your crumpled drawing.

Your eyes ran over the messy lines that came together to form Jungkook's figure, his bunny smile drawn with white crayon to show his small milky white bunny teeth. The black crayon had been used to draw the straggled mop of jet black hair which sat upon his head. You smiled vaguely, your eyes drifting over the half drawn yellow crown that sat upon your head, knowing that you'd never be able to complete it.

"Take it and go," you whispered, placing the drawing into Jungkook's small hands, his eyes widened as he looked into yours for approval. "Quickly now, before my father finds out," you smiled sadly. He nodded multiple times, his hair flopping up and down as he did so. His sad doe eyes glanced into yours briefly, before he scurried out of the room and down the grand hallway, leaving you alone, in the depths of your thoughts, and darkness of your palace bedroom.