4. Mr Giraffe

(Just a little note from the author: everything written in italics is in the past)

"I don't have a mother, Jungkook," you sobbed, wiping the tears that were still falling. You sat on your bed with Jungkook's small arms around you as he tried his best to comfort you. "Shhhh, it's okay Y/N, you have me instead," he smiled, but that only made you cry more.

"As long as we have each other, we will be happy, as long as we stick together, everything will be okay!" He smiled, wiping a small tear from your squishy rosy red cheek. "Hehehe, squishy," he began to laugh before prodding your cheek.

You sent him a glare but he ignored you, laughing again before poking your other cheek, watching it squish underneath his tiny finger. "Boop," he laughed as he poked the tip of your nose now, watching as you continued to glare at him.

"I know what will cheer you up!" He exclaimed before he jumped off the bed and ran out of the room. You stayed there for a few minutes, watching the door, waiting for him to bust back in.

"Jungkookie?" You sobbed, realising he still wasn't back. "Kookieeee!"
"I'm here Y/N, and I brought Mr Giraffe," he ran in, smiling before climbing up the stool onto the enormous bed. He passed you the fluffy giraffe toy which was almost as big as you. You took it gratefully, squeezing it with a smile as your tears began to slow down.

"Better?" Jungkook asked, cocking his head inquisitively. "Better," you confirmed.

"I can't believe you still have him after all these years," you laughed, picking up the giraffe plushie which was now only as big as your torso. You smiled, caressing the rips and tears that were scattered over its fragile body. The red stain on Mr Giraffe's mouth where you once put lipstick on him.

"Y/N, can we talk," Jungkook asked, grabbing your hand gently and pulling you towards his body. "Yes, of course," you smiled, gazing into his glistening eyes. "I wanted to know if you were okay, I understand that things have been difficult lately, with your father, but, I'm worried about you," Jungkook sighed, his fingers playing gently with the ring on your second finger of your right hand.

"I'm okay," you smiled, "because I have you. As long as we stick together, everything will be okay... remember," you glanced down at the ring on your finger as Jungkook followed your gaze.

"Happy 18th birthday Y/N," Jungkook whispered, sliding the ring onto your finger as your mouth hung wide open in amazement. "Jungkook... how? How did you afford this? It's beautiful but, I can't accept it!" You explained, your eyes wide.

"I have been saving my birthday money since I was born so that I could spend it on something worth while," he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "But I'm not worth it, you should have bought something for yourself!" You argued, gripping his hand tightly in yours. "You are worth it princess, you mean everything to me," he hummed, stepping closer to you.

"Jungkook," you sighed, as he leaned closer to you, connecting your lips ever so softly for a brief second, before he let go of you. "Please promise to never leave my side," he whispered, staring into your eyes.

"MISS Y/N, GET HERE NOW!" Your father's voice shouted from downstairs. You pulled away from Jungkook, before running out of his bedroom and down the staircase towards your father. You slowly adjusted yourself, tidying your appearance before you stopped a couple of metres in front of him. "Where on earth were you? I called you three times!" He growled, anger and frustration filling his eyes as he glared at you. "I-I was just... telling the maid to make some adjustments to my dress... that's all. I lost some weight on my trip to Europe you see."

Your father cocked an eyebrow before sighing deeply, "I couldn't tell, perhaps you should tighten your corset tonight. The Park's shall be here in an hour, I expect you to be stood in the dining room waiting," Your father explained before leaving you, and making his way back down the stairs.

"Of course father," you whispered to yourself.