14 ~ The Library

I've been training vigourously for the past two months with Daniel. We were both sent to the original birthplace of the Assassins. 

Masyaf. 

Masyaf is a city in Syria, widely known for their beautiful medieval castle. Because of the location, we were sent on a private plane, since no one was suppose to know my training would be taking place there. 

This was the birthplace of the assassins. 

Two months I spent inside that castle, training from morning to evening. Only being able to rest and take breaks at night. But today was different. Since Daniel said today would be a rest day, I decided to spend it admiring the land around the castle and the vast library inside it. Although the books were probably ages old, they looked interesting. 

I just kept on thinking...Altair touched these books. I'm touching books that were touched by a legend.

That's when I remembered something.

I looked around outside hoping Daniel or any other trainers were around. They'll probably try to keep me away from that room. I went back inside and went to the left. I don't know why I didn't pay attention to this before. I mean there was a huge doorway there. I was probably was too tired to notice it and remember it in the first place. 

I walked down the stairs, dust circulating the air. The oil lamps on the side were on. I went all the way and there was a door. I pushed on it, and it creaked very loudly. I opened it to see a long hallway. I ran to the end to see another door. The designs on the door were unique. You can tell it was made up with silver and bronze. There seemed to be a puzzle on the door, until I noticed I was a fucking idiot.

This door had to be opened up with special keys. The five Masyaf keys. I remember this because Ezio had to travel around Constantinople to find them. I mean I technically did find them myself in the video game. The large door beyond me didn't have the keys. I looked around the space wondering where they can be. I started to search in the hallway and finally found them in the pillar near the door. Surprisely there was a ladder.

I didn't have Eagle Vision. Eagle vision meaning seeing something more than the normal eye can. The patterns on the wall are actually constellations, and only can be seen with Eagle Vision. I tried every combination until I finally got it right. I was surprised Daniel didn't come looking for me. The door raised up causing the floor to rumble. Beyond the door was one oil lamp, and the rest pure darkness. I grabbed the oil lamp and use its fire to light the other lamps.

I took my time, making sure not to step on anything and/or accidentally knock anything over.

"Liz?" I heard Daniel scream faintly away.

I cursed at myself and put some pep in my step. I started to run down the hallway lighing up the last oil lamp at the end.

I entered through the door immediately feeling a cold draft hit my skin. But what I saw amazed me. In the room was a chair. And in that chair was Altair himself.

Of course not him in the flesh. He's been dead for more than thousands of years. There in the chair was his skeleton. He died in his empty library. 

On the floor, was the symbol of our Creed.

Altair's chair was at the end of the room, with the other chairs surrounding it. Like a circle. This was also a library. But it was empty. I remembered because he had his son take all the books out the room. I kept my eye on Altair, seeing his clothes were almost still intact. He died wearing his Assassin wear. I got on my knees and just started to stare at the room. Looking around. I touched my necklace, seeing the Piece of Eden glow.

...

Wait. The Apple of Eden! It's in this room. That probably described why my necklace was glowing.

"Liz?"

I turned around to see Daniel there watching me. He seemed kinda amazed, but also kinda weirded out.

"Were you talking to him?" He asked.

I stood quiet. I probably was but didn't notice it. Or I was thinking out loud.

"I guess so. I didn't even know I was." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

I got up and dusted off the dust on my pants.

"So what's up?" I asked him.

"Nothing. I was just wondering where you were. It's getting kinda late." He said pointing at his watch.

I looked at it, and saw it was 8 at night. I was surprised to see I spent about three hours in here. It only felt like minutes.

"Well okay then. Let's go."

I took a last glance at the room, knowing I had to come back to investigate more. Daniel and I left the room, not really talking much. I noticed he's been quiet ever since we came here. Our conversations were short.

I did miss the long ones we used to have. Even though most of it was arguing. But we still talked.

I started to laugh at the thought.

"What's so funny?" Daniel asked raising his eyebrow.

"Nothing...Oh nothing." I said still smirking.

He rolled his eyes, and started to smile.

Vote. Comment. Follow.