This Christmas.

Pt. II

Your POV

I had listened to a lot of Kehlain's music over the week we had started talking. She had bop after bop, but I didn't really care if she was famous. She was just Kehlani. Looking for work during the holidays was the worst thing ever. No one was hiring whatsoever. I walked into plenty of stores I had applied for a be got declined one after another. It began to become frustrating. What was I going to do?

My phone started ringing as I rest my head on my steering wheel. I pressed the answer button and placed my phone to my ear.

"Hey, how is your day going?" Kehlani asked and I put on a fake cheerful voice.

"It's okay. Just really tired," I replied.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to join me to go see Christmas lights. I took Adeya yesterday and she loved it. I thought it would be a good date," she said rambling.

"I'd love to go see the lights with you. What time?" I asked her.

"At eight," she replied.

"I'll see you at eight," I told her and she giggled.

"See you at eight," she said softly and I smiled. She hung up shortly afterward and I did a little happy dance before heading home. I pulled into the garage and parked my car. When I walked inside, my mom was cooking and my little brother was running around in his pull up.

"What are you doing?" I asked him and he giggled. I picked him up and spun around. He began babbling and held onto me as I walked to the kitchen.

"Hey, momma," I said and she smiled.

"Hey, baby. How was the job search?" she asked and I sighed.

"Got declined one after another. What's the point in having a degree and you can't get a job with it?" I asked and she gave me a sad smile.

"I think you should take your father up on that offer," she said and I sighed sadly.

"You know I don't want to," I replied and she caressed my cheek.

"I know, baby. I know, but it would be a job doing something that you actually want to do," she said and I nodded.

"I'll call him later on tonight," I said.

"Go get cleaned up and can you put some pants on that little troublemaker?" she asked me as she poked my little brother's stomach.

"I have a date tonight," I told her and she smirked.

"Oh, really? Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'm going to see Christmas lights with Kehlani," I told her and she smiled.

"Have fun, baby," she told me. I playfully held my brother in the air like a plane as I walked out of the kitchen. He giggled and scrunched up his nose. I went upstairs to freshen up for my date and I put some pants on my little brother.

"Carter, where are you?" I said looking at the baby boy hiding behind my curtains.

"Fine, I'll eat without you," I said and he ran over to me. I picked him up and went downstairs.

"I'll be back later, momma," I told her and kissed her cheek.

"Okay, baby. Be safe. I love you," she said and hugged me. I hugged her back before going over to Carter.

"Be good or we won't get ice cream tomorrow," I said to him and he giggled grabbing my finger. I kissed his chubby cheeks and he squealed. I left house nervously driving to the address Kehlani sent me.
When I got there, I had to give myself a pep talk.