04

DISCLAIMER: I OWN A SWORD BUT IDK HOW TO SWORD FIGHT, MUCH LESS WRITE ABOUT IT

as she and phil sat beside the wall in silence, thorn took the opportunity to look around the space

l'manburg was made up of the main castle, an inner wall surrounding that castle, and a large training area and forest inside an outer wall. thorn and phil were sitting on a bench against the inner wall, facing the training field.

it was a large space, with multiple different areas for different combats. there was a shooting range, a boxing ring and even a spot to practice crafting. the largest area was the sword fighting mats. there were 10 5meters by 5meters squares, all a different colour. beside the mats were sword racks, chests and a sign with the colour on it.

all but one of the mats were not being used. the teal one had two people duelling on it. one of them had a black hood and a black mask, giving them a ninja sort of appearance. the other was a blue cyclops. they both fought well, but the ninja character was slightly better, efficiently winning by disarming the cyclops.

there was a bang, and thorn jumped in her seat. philza chuckled quietly beside her and quirked his head towards the gate. the bang was caused by the opening of the doors. two people from the earlier meeting walked out, chatting.

it was punz and eret. they were smiling and laughing as they made their way towards the teal mat. they picked up swords and joined the duel. the sounds of their joy floated up to thorns ears.

"the cyclops is krinios and the other guy is illumina" spoke up phil, noticing where thorn was look at. "that group of four are close, especially punz and illumina. they call themselves the turkeys because of a competition they were a team in."

thorn smiled as she watched them duel. they were skilled, especially punz and illumina.

"they are all very skilled, punz and illumina are some of the best knights here" phil continued. "so how long are you planning to stay?"

thorn shifted in her seat. "i had no plan other than informing you. it would be nice to stay here, but where i came from is not a safe place. i have close friends there who i have to go back for"

"why don't you just leave with them?" phil asked curiously

"we can't" came the short answer and the silence reigned once more.