Chapter 6

Back on the Isle, Maleficent's mood was about as dark as the sky that they were forced to live under. Today was the day that Beast's brat would take the mantle of king and make new decrees that would further ruin their lives. The only bright thing she could think of was the fact that Mal would be seizing the wand today.

Today, her revenge would begin. If her daughter didn't screw it up, that is.

"I've got popcorn!" Jafar's cheerful voice broke through Maleficent's thoughts and she could help but stare blankly at the former genie as he entered the room.

"Where did you get it?" Cruella asked, grabbing a bowl out of Jafar's hands.

"Gaston was hoarding it for today," Jafar responded, a little shaken from the jarring nature of the popcorn bowl being removed from his hand. "I had to give him a discount on his next purchase but he gave me some. I have no idea where he managed to find some, considering the only popcorn that ends up in the Auradon trash is used."

"I hate the fact that we're forced to watch something so trite," the Evil Queen scoffed as she took one of the offered bowls, unbuttered of course. It wouldn't do to have ballooned up the next time Evie saw her. "When I had my crown, it was no televised event. It had class."

"Weren't you crowned before television was invented?" Jafar asked, causing the Evil Queen to lob a handful of popcorn at him. Maleficent rolled her eyes at their antics. There were times when she wondered why she stuck with the three of them. With the exception of the Evil Queen, neither Jafar or Cruella had any power.

Honestly, Cruella disturbed even Maleficent at times. Cursing a baby was all well and good but going after puppies? Even villains needed to have standards. Not to mention, the stuffed dog on her shoulder was not a good look in the slightest.

There were times that she wished that Cruella would join the Hunter clique on the other side of the Isle. Gaston and Clayton would welcome her with open arms; both men barely cared about the animals they coveted unless it was hunting them and turning their pelts into trophies.

"So, what do you think the little brat's first decree as King will be?" Cruella asked, leaning up against the sofa and sneaking a handful of popcorn from Jafar's bowl despite having her own.

"Probably something insipid that will make us gag," the Evil Queen replied, sitting down on the left side of the sofa while Jafar sat down on the right. "After all, Auradon thinks it a good idea to make a sixteen year old king. Bah."

"Weren't you about nineteen when you became queen of your land?" Jafar asked but the Evil Queen ignored the question. Maleficent sighed but sat down between the Evil Queen and Jafar. It was time for the coronation to proceed.

"Bah, is that who I think it is?" Evil Queen asked, staring at the image of her step-daughter. "How did she get the job? She has less brains in her head than Evie."

"Probably used the experience she gained being down on her knees around you," Cruella snarked. Maleficent rolled her eyes.

"We can do without the uncouth comments," the Mistress of Evil commented, sharing a glance with the Evil Queen. Cruella scoffed but grew quiet as Maleficent turned the volume up on the television.

"At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned king!" The Snow White on the television stated, unaware of the glare coming from her step mother. "I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's the fairest of them all."

"I'm Snow White," the Evil Queen mocked as she threw popcorn at the television, while the others shot her a look. They grew tired of her ranting about Snow White after all this time. That's not to say they wouldn't continue to rant about their respective heroes. "Who are you kidding? She's definitely had work done."