Chapter : 23

Kiara's POV:

"You didn't answer my question. What are you doing here?" Ritik asked and before I could reply anything I heard him ask another question.

"Wait, Are you here to get an extra piece of cake?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey no, I was here to..." I was explaining myself but stopped immediately when I saw him smile. So he was just teasing me. That smile did nothing but making me want to smack his head so hard.

"Why do you keep teasing me?" I asked raising a finger at him however he immediately intertwined our fingers and put my hand down.

"Chill girl, I was kidding and moreover I'm here to get that extra piece of cake." He said as went and brought a plate and knife for himself. Wow, the pot is calling the kettle black. As I kept looking at him pull a chair from beside the kitchen counter and cut a large piece of cake for him. When he saw me looking at him, he gestured if I want it to however I shook my head and looked away.

"Okay." He replied and took a loving glance at that piece of cake before putting it in his mouth.

"You know what, this the most delicious cake and if I don't eat it now, Mom and Aashika will not let me have a glimpse of it again." He stated making me laugh a little. Idiot.

"You still didn't answer me, What were you doing here?" He asked. What is up with him and this curiosity?

"I was thirsty, so came to drink water."

"And who cleaned all the mess over here?" He asked further. I just looked at him letting my eyes answer his question.

"Why?" He asked. I guess his birthday has gone into his head, that's why he is asking stupid questions.

"What why? Aashna aunty would have to clean it so I helped her a little." I replied and saw him looking at me with amused eyes. Did I said something wrong?

"What?" I asked because he kept looking at me. Ritik didn't answered, he just shook his head with a small smile and concentrated on his eating. I think I should leave now.

"Why were you sitting alone?"

"Did you notice?" I blurted out. So stupid.

"Nothing serious. I had some work to do." I replied.

"Ok. Are you done doing your work here?"

"I guess." I replied looking around. I did clean everything, so there was nothing left.

"When you come out, Please don't sit alone. Join us." He said and turned to leave.

"By the way, I know earlier you called me Monkey." He said, this time I was not able to control my laugh. Ritik Monkey, so funny.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, still trying my best to stop laughing.

"No worries. I know you love monkeys." He said with a wink and pointed towards the monkey tattoo on my wrist. No doubt my smile immediately dropped and replaced with epitome of embarrassment. I was little happy to see Ritik moving out of the kitchen but then he stopped again and turned to look at him. He looked excited this time as if he was going to come and tease me. Here you go again!

"Where is my gift?" He asked. Really man?

"Gift?" I asked back and saw him nod seriously.

"Whatever gift dad gave you, That's combined gift from all of us." I replied honestly. After we stopped talking to eachother we never gave any gifts to eachother.