Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

George POV

The morning of the first Quidditch match of the season filled his stomach with nerves and excitement. He wasn't sure if he should take his fake coin with him that they had all received at the last Dumbledore's Army meeting. He decided it wouldn't hurt. Besides, Hermione had charmed it. Perhaps it would be his good luck charm. He stuffed it into his sock before changing to go to the Great Hall.

The weather was rather cold for the first match of the season. When Fred and George walked into the Great Hall, the Slytherin table hissed at them. "Bloody idiots. They probably think they're actually serpents." Fred rolled his eyes and plopped at the table next to the other Gryffindor players.

Ron looked like he was going to throw up from the pressure. "You all right, Ron?" Harry asked his friend. "You need breakfast. Eat."

"I'm not hungry." Ron looked disgustedly at the food.

"That's a first." Hermione huffed and looked back down at the book she was reading.

George had to hold in a laugh for his brother's sake. He tried to think back to his first year on the Quidditch team. It had been so long ago, but he still remembered the nerves that filled his bones. He luckily had Fred to work his way through the dilemma with.

After the team scarfed down a breakfast, minus Ron, they went to the stadium. There wasn't any wind, but the sky was a bright white. The team began to change into their robes and George tucked the fake galleon into his uniform socks. He wanted Hermione to be with him when he was up on his broomstick.

Fred was the only one who noticed, and he gave his twin a smile. "DA meeting being called during a game? Please let me know if that happens." He winked before turning back to finish changing.

"It's time. Let's go." Angelina said in a rough voice. "Good luck, everyone."

The other team was already standing waiting for the Gryffindors. Their emerald green robes were in pristine condition, possibly new. "Captains shake hands." Madame Hooch ordered.

Montague was trying to crush Angelina's fingers, but she didn't even flinch. "Thatta girl." Fred said under his breath.

When everyone mounted their brooms, it was a normal Quidditch match against Slytherin. They always were playing dirty. George made sure to smack Bludgers away from Harry and the girls as well as he could.

He froze momentarily when he heard a song being sung from the Slytherin stands. George listened closely. "Weasley cannot save a thing/ He cannot block a single ring./ That's why Slytherins all sing: Weasley is our king". He groaned and hoped that his younger brother didn't hear it.

His hopes for Ron not hearing the song soon vanished. Every single time that Ron let in a quaffle and Slytherin scored, the students from that house seemed to get louder. All George could do was try to hit the beater towards Malfoy and the Chasers on the Slytherin team. He prayed that Harry caught the snitch before it was too late.

As if he read George's mind, Harry dove straight to the ground. He was flying fast and was almost at the ground when SMACK a bludger hit him square in the back of the head. George whipped his head around to see the Slytherin beater looking very happy about his aim. "You'll regret that!" The twins roared while the Slytherin beater rolled his eyes at them.

Harry seemed alright enough. It hadn't even matter that Crabbe tried to knock out the seeker, it didn't work. Harry had caught the snitch during his dive!