II

From the nursery Silentkit watched as the clan gathered for Brookkit and Goosekit's apprentice ceremony. “In two moons that will be you.” a soft voice sounds behind the small tabby, it was Willowmist. Originally the small tabby thought she was speaking to both her and her litter mate, but her ears pinned back the moment she turned to see her mother was only speaking to Bramblekit. The small tabby kit stood her head held low as she wandered away from the nursery. Not paying attention to her surroundings she ran into something and collapsed on the ground with a small surprised squeak. Hearing a familiar laugh above her the small tabby looked up her eyes brightening when she saw Adderbite. The massive tom quickly took notice of the small kits pinned ears, taking a quick glance at the nursery Adderbite flicked his tail in irritation as he saw his mate was giving all of her time and attention to the larger of the two kits, Bramblekit. Looking back at the small tabby kit in front of him, he lowered his upper body his lower half still held up, tail swaying in the air playfully. “In two moons your going to be made into an apprentice” The massive tom purred, his playful stance and tone quickly gaining Silentkit's attention once again. With a careful paw he gives a slow swipe towards his kit, catching on Silentkit leapt to her paws and away from the massive toms paw. “Those are some quick reflexes. Very good”

As the two continued their playful training the leader Mudstar, a long legged dusky brown tom and the deputy Coalfang watched the pair in interest. “Is that the kit that's been following the apprentices?” The brown tom asked as he took a short glance at his deputy.“It is. I've caught her leaving camp with them and their mentors when they are headed for the training hollow.” The deputy's words captures the leaders attention as he looks back at her. “And you allowed it?” In response the dark tortoiseshell nods. “When I'm free I allow Silentkit to go. I have her sit at the edge of the training hollow with me and watch. It's been good for the kit in my opinion, it's part of what keeps her going.” The dusky brown tom nods, his ears twitching as she stood. “I chose you as my deputy for a reason Coalfang so I will trust your judgement on this” Turning Mudstar walks towards his den leaving the deputy to watch over the playful training.

Coalfang finally stands taking a short glance at the fresh kill pile. Sighing the dark tortoiseshell looks around at the warriors in camp then calls out to a passing tom. “Buzzardmoon take Vineflight and Adderbite out for a hunting patrol.” With a sigh the smoky tom nods and stalks towards Vineflight telling him to wait at the entrance. “Adderbite. Stop playing with your kit, we are going on a hunting patrol.” Not giving room for protest Buzzardmoon turns away to wait with Vineflight for the massive tabby. Sighing Adderbite gives the small tabby kit a loving nuzzle. “I'll be back soon Silentkit, you can visit with Brookpaw and Goosepaw while you wait.” The massive tom says, giving a small lick on her ear Adderbite heads towards the camp entrance.

As the three left camp they each went a separate direction, however after a bit of walking Vineflight stopped and looked in the direction Adderbite took. Taking a breath the golden brown tom ran in that direction, he quickly found the massive tabbys scent trail. Slowing his pace he continued till he caught sight of the massive tom. Vineflight's ears and tail twitched in anticipation, taking another breath he approached Adderbite. “I caught a ShadowClan scent trail in our territory. I think we should check it out.” Hearing Vineflight the massive tabby turns his ears flicking, after a moment he nods. “Show me.” Adderbite says flatly, without much of a response the golden brown tom leads Adderbite to the border.

After carefully looking around the area he caught a very recent scent he didn't like, the massive tabby looked down at Vineflight. “I always knew you shouldn't be trusted.” Adderbite began only to pause as he heard rustling from a bush, not a moment later four ShadowClan cats emerged confirming the massive toms suspicions farther. “Crowstar. I'm sure you already know your trespassing on ThunderClan territory.” In response the ShadowClan leader flicked his tail, a silent command to his warriors to surround Adderbite. “I know we are, but we have business here.” Sensing the tension in the air the massive tom stood his ground his ears flicking as he kept on alert for attack.

Back at the camp entrance Buzzardmoon waited with his prey, the tom quickly grew increasingly irritated as time passed. Having enough of waiting the smoky tom began his search, first going down the path Adderbite took. The smoky tom followed the massive toms scent trail till it merged with Vineflight's. Opening his mouth to taste the air Buzzardmoon freezes as he catches the scents of ShadowClan cats along with Adderbite and Vineflight. Making a split second decision Buzzardmoon carefully and quickly follows the scent trail, the tom made sure to keep low and quiet the closer he got. Soon the sounds out fighting hit his ears, moving silently the smoky tom slipped through some bushes. As he got close enough to see Buzzardmoon's eyes widened in a mix of shock and horror. Adderbite was covered in minor injuries with the worst of them being a long gash down his side and a clawed eye. The massive tom fought like all of TigerClan against the four ShadowClan cats. The closer Buzzardmoon looked he noticed the familiar body of Vineflight who was shakily trying to drag himself onto his paws. The smoky tom noticed the blood pooling from Vineflight's throat, the life soon faded from the golden brown toms eyes as he fell limply to the forest ground. Having seen enough Buzzardmoon leapt at the blueish-grey she Archfeather, having been caught off guard the smoky tom was able to rake his claws along the she-cats throat.

Back at camp Coalfang had begun watching the entrance her tail flicking with unease.

____
This might be the last chapter for a few days, but I hope to get another out by at least sometime next week.