My Ghost Adventures

I was at the library, bored out of my mind at the lack of books. I decided to leave and take a walk around my town of none. I was headed for a friends' house, when I noticed a small crowd at the house of Bolivar and 10th. A van filled with cameras and equipment was parked on the curb, a man and his wife was talking to men: one with his nerves on edge, one with a camera attached to his face, and one with an ego of twelve warriors.

"Excuse me, Ma'am," the camera-faced man asked as I stopped for a brief second to be nosy. "Do you live around here?" He stuck the camera in my face as he walked up to me, curious for my answer.

"If anyone lives in town, they live around here," I responded, honest. My town was one of which with a population of 6,500, and that was including the people that didn't live in the 5 miles it took to get from one side of the "city" to the other.

"So do you know the story of this house?" He turned to camera to the house on the corner and back to me, awaiting another answer.

"No, just that it's supposed to be haunted. But I don't think that anyone but the residents know the story," I answered honestly, again.

"Nick!" the nervous man called from across the street. "Let's go, buddy!"

"Coming!" Nick called back over his shoulder, and then turned back to me. "Well, thank you." He said, before walking back across the street to the crowd of seventeen.

It was nearly dark when I was walking back, and the crowd of seventeen had gone down to a crowd of sixteen; the wife had left. I wasn't really trying to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help but overhear...

The twelve warriors were talking to Nick on the front porch:

"Okay, it's almost dark, we're about to start lockdown but before we do that, let's go over where we put the X's. Alright..."

The men gathered around a table on the porch, and started to explain this "map" to the camera, before the nervous man looked up at me.

"Hey, Nick, it's that girl again." All heads turned to me, standing there in the street, confused as to what was going on. The man who noticed me nudged at the warriors; they started walking towards me.

"Hey, you talked to Nick earlier, right?" At first I was a bit afraid of them, but as he came closer, the warriors seemed to fold and mend into one body, one man.

"Uh, yeah," I looked up at him, and tried to decide whether he was an actual man or not. His muscles were protruding from his shirt, his stance was firm, his face was young stern, and his attitude...amusing.

"Sweet. What's your name, again?" He took a step forward to me, and leaned down, like he was deaf.

"Mya." I said loudly, causing him to blink heavily and stand back up, straight.

"Mya...okay." He turned to the house and nodded to the men on the porch, watching us with interest. "Well, my name is Zak, you met Nick, earlier and that's-"

"Aaron." I said for him, surprising him at the same time satisfying him. "I watch the show."

"Oh," he pulled his shoulders back and made his chest stick out five inches more than before; like he was full of hot air. "Well then you know that we're about to do lockdown, and we were wondering if you would help us."

He looked back at the men on the porch and shrugged his shoulders: they've been waiting for me.

"How can I help?" I've seen the show before, and I know that Zak is a ladies man and probably just wanted me there to look at, but how did he expect me to help them?