Chapter Seven

Danielle didn't know what to expect as she entered the boy's hospital room, but she was surprised at what she encountered. Her imagination had surely gotten the better of her earlier. The room was quiet, serene, and lacking any menacing equipment. There were only a small number of people surrounding a bed, which she guessed belonged to the boy.

She felt her mothers gentle hand on her back, and squirmed slightly when she was pushed forward gingerly, before complying and hesitantly approaching the bed.

A boy lay there, the one she recognized from the day before. Her cuts and bruises still hurt pretty badly, but she knew she was in no position to complain, which is why she never did. She looked at the boy with thoughtfulness.

Would she be seeing him now if she hadn't stuck up for him?

"Hello, dear," one of the women said, one she had never met before. Her smile was a smile that made Danielle think of a mother, Along with the woman's eyes. Both were practically beacons of kindness and love, directed towards children.

"Who might you be?"

Her eyes scanned over the battle wounds painted across the child's face and arms, flickering only with faint concern and worry, no traces of disapproval to be found.

The black haired child currently attempting to hide within herself answered the woman quietly.

"Dani," she said hoarsely, too uncomfortable to gaze the woman in the warm brown eyes similar to her own mother's, "I brought him some flowers," she told the woman bluntly, holding up the small bouquet as proof.

The lady's expression dropped to one the young girl could not truly explain. Her eyes welled with tears, but her lips were pulled into the biggest genuine smile she and ever seen as she accepted the slightly withered flowers gracefully.

"Thank you, Dani," she whispered, "they're beautiful. I'm sure Mark will love them."

-------- 4 YEARS LATER-------

ON THE NEMESIS.......

"You are prohibited from sharing any information with your fellow kind, Stormrunner, or any bot who might ask. This is a top secret project, Megatron's orders," Knockout informed the blonde techno-organic sternly as the both exited the medbay, "only Megatron, You, and I know of this," the mech spoke with an air of pride in his voice, obviously feeling privileged, "and I expect it to remain that way."

"Understood, sir," Lee replied simply. A question was burning the back of his mind, yet one he knew would be rather pointless to ask, so he kept his lips sealed. He noted the informalities Knockout used when merely talking about Lord Megatron without the warlord actually being present.

Knockout noticed his apprentice's unusual lack of words, and looked down at the boy out of the corner of his optics and they continued making their way down the hall.

But the mech decided against speaking. There was no personal benefit from it. The boy's inner thoughts did not concern him. The half-fleshing was merely a tool for winning a war.

"Knockout?" Lee's voice, which sounded strangely different from the other Techno-Organics, suddenly irritated his audio-receivers, and he suppressed a sigh as he prepared himself to humour whatever ridiculous question his pupil had this time.

"Hmm?"

"Nevermind," the boy quickly contradicted himself, afraid of seeming naïve or ignorant in front of his mentor.