E i g h t

E i g h t ♥ June 29th

Ten A.M. was an early time to wake up while on vacation, I didn't care what your parents say.

Summer was the time where teenagers (such as me) and twenty-somethings spent the day sleeping until like three and then doing positively nothing productive. That was just how this world worked. It was an unspoken agreement between teenagers/twenty-somethings and the rest of humanity.

It especially sucked waking up at ten A.M. (after staying up super late, mind you) to your mother's stupid alarm clock singing "Good Morning". It had to be one of Verizon's most annoying ringtones ever.

Once I heard it, my eyes instantly opened and I stared up at my mother, who was grinning down at me. "Hey, babycakes." She said, smiling as she turned the alarm clock off (she'd been holding her phone to my ear). "Time to wake up."

I groaned and rubbed at my eyes for a good couple of minutes before gaining the strength to sit up and stare at my family members, who each (even Cole) sat at the camper table eating breakfast.

I hate mornings.

"Good morning, Er," my father said smiling as he got up and got a bowl of cereal for me. I smiled and got up ungracefully and slid in next to Cole at the table. "Cole tells us that you guys are going swimming?" he questioned.

I groaned inwardly. I'd almost forgotten about that after staying up half the night with it on my mind. "Yeah," I finally said, and nodded. "Matt invited us to go swimming with him and his family. Valerie's probably going, too." I put in.

Mom raised an eyebrow. "Who's 'Valerie'?"

I didn't have it in me to go into detail about my newest best friend, so I just waved it off. "Just a friend." I said as Dad put my cereal in front of me. I grinned up at him. "Thanks."

He nodded and sat down next to Mom again. "No problem, dear."

"Well I think it's just wonderful for the Bennetts to help us fit in. Mrs. Bennett and her husband are taking your father and me out and about to look at Upper Michigan's finest of things while you guys are hanging out with their kids. Such nice people." She mused.

Kill me now.

"Yup," I nodded sarcastically, "super-duper nice."

Mother frowned at me. "Don't be hostile, dear. It's not befitting."

And that was how my morning went. Lucky for Cole and me, our parents left shortly after breakfast with a group of adults to go sightseeing. Cole and I got ready to go for the beach. Well, really, I packed my stuff and then left him to pack the sunscreen while I took a quick (and much needed) shower.

I hadn't shaved my legs since before we left, and my leg hair grew really fast. So, I washed, took about half an hour shaving everywhere that need to be shaved, and then I went back to the trailer and got into my bikini.

The bikini was a sports bikini so it didn't really show much off, but it did the job, and it was comfortable. On the bright side, it didn't ride up my ass like most bikinis did. And cleavage wasn't too much of a worry wearing it, so I didn't get dirty looks from Mom.

Kennedy would be tsking me right now, but I knew she would only be teasing. Kennedy absolutely loved sports bikinis, and she loved swimming (she used to be on the swim team), but she never wore them herself. Kennedy wasn't one to try out new things, really.

Speaking of Kennedy...I turned to look over at my brother, who was already in his bathing suit and was putting on sunscreen. "Do you know where Mom hid our phones?" I asked, and he grinned.