Chapter 26

AGENT ADAM'S POV

"Ashraf?"

"That's his name?" She asked.

"No.. I mean yes and he's right there." I whispered to her.

"What?" She whispered-yelled turning abruptly and we both looked at him frightened.

"Umm....Why are you two looking at me like that? And who are you by the way?" Ashraf asked, removing the ear pods from his ears.

Phew! That was close.

"Hi, I'm Leilani Philip. Miss Adam's nurse." She adjusted her dress, holding out her hand for a handshake.

"Okay. Ashraf Safana, nice meeting you. Please take very good care of her, alright?" He said, looking at her hand awkwardly and she understood.

"Of course, sir." She smiled giddily at him.

"Okayyy. Hey Tinker." He beamed and unexpectedly kissed the side of my head. The nurse looked at me and frowned a bit.

"Why did you do that?" I asked, looking at him as he took a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Because I felt like it." He stated, taking a huge swig of the cold water.

"Besides, my best friend's sister is also my sister." He added, taking of his blazer and untucking his shirt. He rolled up the sleeves and unbuttoned the first 3 buttons. I could literally feel Leila drooling right now.

"Take a picture, it last longer." He said with a smirk.

"Cocky much? I wasn't even staring at you." I defended.

"I wasn't talking to you but to her." He said and pointed to Leila who snapped out of her thoughts and bowed down her head.

"Umm..."

"Miss Philip?" He called and she immediately stepped forward with a nod.

"Yes, sir?"

"Can you please give us a moment. I need to talk to her." He said, referring to me with a smile.

"Sure. No problem." She eyed me and I smiled reassuringly before she sauntered out of the kitchen.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" He asked, pointing to the door.

"Err.... She's my nurse?"

"I know but..."

"Wait. You know her?" I asked, getting up from the stool. He ran his hand through his curly black hair.

"Yeah. She kept ogling at me at the hospital." He whispered and bursted into a fit of laughter.

"Someone has an admirer. She's really cute though." I said, wiggling my eyebrows at him.

"Shut up. I'm too tired for your taunts or her failed attempt at mesmerising me." He scoffed and picked his blazer.

"You look handsome today." I blurted and he stopped in his tracks.

"Oh really? Don't I look handsome everyday?" He asked with a smirk.

"Nah. Just today." I stated, giving him a once over.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"The Madam is calling you both for Lunch." Leila said before disappearing again and I stood up instantly, almost bumping into Ashraf.

"Woah. Be careful." He cautioned, gently taking my hand in his but I slipped it out of his grasp.

"Let's go eat. I'm starving." I mentioned and brushed past him into the dining room.