three

three; THE RESISTANCE

Lennon and Prudence sat quietly with a glass of wine on the benchtop in front of each of them with the bottle cracked open between them

Lennon and Prudence sat quietly with a glass of wine on the benchtop in front of each of them with the bottle cracked open between them. They sat in an odd silence, which was rare for them because they both always had something to talk about. However, awaiting the arrival of the person who was going to bring them to a safe house where they were joining an illegal resistance against one of the evilest wizards of the age, had rendered them to silence.

"What'd you reckon would happen if we got caught?" Prudence finally asked as the clock ticked over to six, and Lennon shrugged, raising her glass to her lips and polishing off the rest of her drink.

"Probably get a life sentence to Azkaban or something." She responded lightly.

The younger girl looked unsurprised by the answer but still slightly disappointed, as though she was hoping for a different answer but knew it wouldn't come. So when the knock on the door came, the sister's shared a look before Prudence got to her feet and crossed the length of the floor.

As she reached to grab the doorknob, she looked over at Lennon.

"It's worth it." She didn't phrase it as a question but Lennon nodded as though she had, and Prudence smiled as she turned back. The door open to reveal Remus Lupin on the other side of the threshold as well as a person with a shock of bubblegum pink curls that caused a grin to spread across Lennon's face.

"Wotcher, Bradbury's."

Remus sighed, a singular trace of amusement on his face as Lennon jumped from the stool, and rushed toward the couple and Tonks bustled past Remus in order to meet the woman halfway.

"Merlin, it's been ages," Lennon exclaimed as they threw their arms around one another and embraced tightly, rocking side to side as grins lit up their faces.

"You look amazing." Tonks beamed once they had pulled apart, and they got a good look at the woman that they hadn't seen in a little over two years, eyes lingering at the new tattoos that littered her arms and hands.

"Oh yeah, well, impending divorce does that to you." Lennon grinned widely, "You look incredible and that pink? Divine my darling!"

"Thought I would try something new." Tonks responded before they scrunched their nose and when their hair flashed a few colours before settling back on the pink, they clapped their hands together, "We ready to go?"

"Whenever you are," Prudence confirmed with a nod.

Remus smiled at the two sisters who looked both different yet entirely similar in both looks and mannerisms. He cleared his throat once as he rifled through his pocket before procured a slip of parchment where he handed it to Prudence who stood closest to him.

"Both of you read this, memorise it and then one of you needs to burn it." He instructed, "Do you have any floo powder available?"

"Just behind you." Lennon pointed out while she wandered to her sister's side. She peered over her shoulder at the parchment, and as the man had turned to get the pot, she read the neat scrawl.