ii. truce

休战

encounter

ii

.

YOU TRUDGED SILENTLY THROUGH THE EMPTY STREETS. The trip to exit the city itself is a little challenging for you, that is if you wanted to put less suspicion on yourself. Obviously, it was due to you not wanting to waste your time on dealing with the knights. Sometimes they would just be tailing on your tail like some desperate animal.

And it's just plainly annoying.

You closed your eyes, letting out a breath of air. You lifted your head up, your orbs fluttering open to gaze upon the starry night. When was the last time it was this peaceful?

You ran your fingers through your hair, when was the last time you changed the bandages wrapping your dominant hand? Probably three days or so. You should probably do it now before your skin slowly rottens.

You grunted when someone bumped to you, the person in turn let out an apology. In which you waved him off, before you could step forward, the voice of his companion echoed, "Eeh! It's you again!" She squeaked, pointing her finger at you wildly.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" He did a quick bow, sending a confused glance at his companion, the blond said, "Why do you look like you've seen a ghost, Paimon?"

"Well, maybe because I do look like one." You blurted.

"Ah... Please do not joke arou- aH!" He screeched, taking a step back. Your face was part engulfed by the shadows of the wall, creating an image one could only see in the depth of their nightmare realm. "Is that... Are you that person back in Cider Lake?"

"Huh..." You tapped your finger against your cheek, stepping out of the darkness so you wouldn't scare the two again. "Well... Yes."

"Your hair is... beautiful." He interjected.

"..."

"I-"

"AETHER WHAT HAVE YOU DONE-"

Technical difficulties!

We'll be right back!

"Thank... You?" You voiced, gazing at the boy with slight confusion. Complementing someone might just be the boy's charm, because he looked damn genuine when saying it.

"Geez Paimon." He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms in an annoyed manner. "What are you so riled up for?"

"Aether, you don't see it do you?" Paimon whispered, in which, you probably guessed it by now.