Chapter 3

ODE TO YOU:

Calm and tempest- me and you, choose yourself, who is who.

I had rolled down the sleeves of my sweat shirt, because the friendly winds had gone colder.

We walked from the lighthouse to the beach, which was a nice walk away still. One quarter dizzy, and three quarters excited, I didn't exactly notice when we made the first bit of conscious physical contact. His fingers felt like the air against mine. And warm, at the same time. Very warm. I'll take it as either imagination, or illusion at most, that the hair on his neck stood on ends too, like a rapid chemical reaction. Soon, his fingers were no more around mine: it ended secretly, like it had almost never happened. Silence prevailed, until the loud comforting sound of the waves took over.

The last bit of distance, pulled me with a magnetic force, and I ran excitedly towards the water which chased me in turn, unlike my company, who took his own sweet time.

The whiff of salt was strong, I felt it in my eyes, but the call of the sea was stronger. The water rushed past my restless feet, and it wasn't as cold as I had expected. It was energizing.

The beach, dark and empty, apart from the company of one single pair of eyes, looked like something right out of my wish list. We played in the dark foamy waters, which he told later that we shouldn't have done just yet, because it was still cold.

The cool air wheezing in through our soaked sweatshirts tingled us, while we settled on the soft sand, tired, yet satisfied facing the direction of the dark, waiting for the crack of the dawn.

Darkness made me honest, but light made me strong. While he looked in my direction, (at Venus, I guess, which was somewhere behind me.) I was ready for another day of an unsolved conflict, between the subconscious, and the virtues. Between fantasy, and reality.

"Isn't it beautiful?" he asked, while my head was turned in the opposite direction, watching a particular star.

"It's lovely." I breathed to the sea straight ahead.

"Ananya?" he called. And I hummed in attention, watching the sea rush away from us busily.

"Look at me." He whispered in a secret voice. I glanced in his direction for a second, before watching the all enthralling sea again.

"I've never seen a more relaxing thing." I attempted to interrupt the sight his eyes were so intently set upon. I wanted him to look away from me, before it was too late.

"Then why the tears?" he asked after a moment of silent gazing in my direction.

"What tears?" I laughed.

I shouldn't have. There weren't any tears. None at all.

He looked away, and I felt a weight leave my shoulders, only when another, a more physical weight replaced it.

He was silent, and warm, and peaceful against my shoulder, unlike the thinly veiled hurricane that was gaining momentum inside me.

He had placed his head on my shoulder, and we both wordlessly, shared a moment of mutual hollowness, while the sun rose to a new dawn. The newest dawn time had ever seen.

We knew we were doomed.

Author's Note:

Thank you, dear reader, for reading the first chapter of my book! I hope you'll vote ( by pressing the little star at the bottom) if you liked it !

good day!

:)