Hunted castle

Dreams P.O.V 

I stood in front of the large castle. It's surprising to find something so big in such a small town. I pulled the hood off of his head, the sun hitting Me in the eyes. I pulled up my hand to cover my face from the glare as I turned around to see my companions. The first one was a short male, his face covered in freckles with brown bangs covering most of his sharp green eyes. He wears a Midnight blue cloak, the hood still covering him from the sun. Potions hung from his belt as he caught up to me. The other male had messy Raven black hair with olive skin tone and stormy grey eyes. He was wearing armor and had a sword attached to his belt.

" Come on slowpokes" I teased.

The shorter brown-haired male shot me a Glare but didn't say anything. They both stop beside me and looked up at the castle. The wind blew our way, ruffling our hair and George's cloak.

" So... Dream... this the castle? " Asked the raven-haired male.

I responded with a quick nod. The castle was known as Stoneville Castle and it was rumored to be hunted.

" Let's get this over with .." Huffed George before started walking towards the Big front doors, that lead to the castle, Potions clanking together and shifting metal-filled the air as we entered the huge castle. The door closed with a loud bang that echoed through the castle. I saw George jump at the sound and let out a small laugh.

George just rolled his eyes in annoyance before turning to one of the hallways and walking off. I turn to the raven-haired male, only to see them gone.

" Nick?" I call out.

" Over here "

I follow the sound of his voice into a courtyard, filled to the brim with statues, some gold others platinum, and a few silver. I saw Nick crouched in front of some writing on the wall. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was in Dragonic, A language only a few can read, Nick, let out a huff.

" Happen to know what this says?" Nick asked.

I shrugged and looked towards the entryway when something caught my eye. Some of the statues weren't in their original place. I looked at Nick but he must have not noticed anything because he continued to walk carefree back the way we came. I looked at the statures one last time before following Nick. I felt like I was being watched as I left the courtyard.

It took a bit to find George again, this castle being bigger than I thought. When we did, he was sitting in front of an old bookcase scanning the titles. I gave a signal for Nick to stay back as I creep up behind George, my footsteps muffled by the carpet. When I got close enough, I jabbed George on the side, earning a started squeak. He spun around and cuffed me on the side of the head while I laughed.

" What the hell?!" The brit exclaimed.

" Your expression-" I was cut off by a fit of laughter.

George glared at me before turning around back to the bookcase, I turned back to the doorway and saw it was empty. 'There goes Nick again..' I thought to myself as I left the room. I went the opposite way I came, hoping that I might be able to find Nick before he did anything stupid. I passed by a window and noticed that the sun was starting to set, I picked up my pace.

I turned into a hallway with a couple of silver statues, the feeling of being watched coming back to me. I walked down the hallway making a point to stay away from the statures as much as possible. It's when I made it to the end did I hear the faint shuffle. I spun around, suddenly on high alert, but was met with a bunch of golden faces staring in my direction, wait.... Where they always looking my way?

I turned around and was about to check a room when I heard it again. This time I didn't spin around, instead, I just stood still and listened. I heard the faintest clink to my left, I walked over to the sound. I neared one of the corners and peeked over but was just met with statures this time silver.

"They sure have a lot of statues here.." I muttered to myself.

I turned around and jumped back. In Front of me was a golden Statue that wasn't there a second ago. I backed away and stared at the statue. The closer I watched, the more the realization hit me. Although it was barely noticeable, there was the smallest movement from statues. I looked at the silver statues and saw that they were facing me, while some gold statures slowly appeared from the other hallway corner. I ran past the silver, making sure to stay out of their reach. When I made past them did I realize that I was going the opposite way of George, What if the statures got him? I shook the thought away and continued on hoping to find a way back.

After many twists and turns, I finally made my way to the room I left George but stopped short when I was met with a Golden statue, I was about to start searching Again when I noticed something. I forced myself to get a closer look at the statue. The statue's arm was position to look like about to grab something, but that not what caught my attention. I walked behind the stature and that when I saw a piece of midnight blue cloak before it turned to good.

I stumble back in shock, there was no mistaking it, That was George's cloak. I walked in front of the Stature, it's cloak masking most of its face. I peered at its face, I was met with fierce eyes that seem too real, small dotes of darker gold marking freckles and a mess of golden bangs. I stepped back, shaking my head.

"Dream!" Nick barged into the room, his eyes landing on the stature. "Is that-"

I cut him off by pushing him through the door and grabbing his arm. "It's not safe here"

I let go when he began to match my pace, we didn't slow down until we were in front of the main doors.

" Stupid door .." Nick mutter, after trying to force the door open for the 5th time.

" Come on let's try to find another way out of here, " I said softly, running a hand through my hair.

I turned around and started heading back the way we came when I felt someone grab my cloak. I turn around to Nick, who let go of my cloak.

" that was George wasn't it, " Nick asked

I froze, wishing he hadn't seen the stature of our friend. I turn away from him, " yes... Yes, it was.."

I continued walking with Nick trailing after me. I entered a throne room and from the window, I could tell it was nighttime now. Past the time we had agreed to leave and rest at an inn. I let out a sigh, the thought of exiting through the window crossing my mind, before dismissing it. I'm using to climbing through windows and scaling walls, but Nick hasn't in a long time, and I can't risk any injuries.

"Dream!" I hear Nick shout.

I spun around and saw that a Sliver stature had grabbed his arm, and was slowly turning him to Sliver. I watch as my remaining companion was turned to Sliver. I stood there shocked before shaking my head. More statues were entering, blocking the only exit besides the window. I cast one last glance at Nick before running over to the window and hopping through. I dug my dagger into the wall after I fell a bit away from the window. I continued that pattern into I was on the ground. I ran up to the wall before Climbing it and resting on top of it. I look back at the castle, cursing myself. If I didn't convince the other to come here then this never would of happen. The moon shined through the clouds, bathing me in the moonlight. I cast one more glace towards the Castle before hopping over the wall and disappearing into the surrounding forest.