Chapter 13 - House of Search

Eddie: She's smarter than we thought.

Fabian: I think it's time to ask her.

Fabian and Eddie ran upstairs to Amber's room, and got in before Kaily closed the door.

Eddie: It's pretty late to be spying people, you know?

Kaily: I wasn't spying you guys.

Fabian: No, you were just hearing our private conversation through our closed door. Yeah, for me that sounds like spying.

Eddie: What are you planning to do Kaily?

Kaily: N-nothing...

Fabian turned around and found that Amber's bed was empty. He saw that on the floor, there was one of Amber's earrings.

Fabian: What did you do to her?

Kaily: What are you talking about?

Fabian was getting even more mad at her.

Fabian: Where's Amber?

Kaily: I don't know what-

Fabian took Kaily by her shoulders and lifted her up. He has had enough of her.

Fabian: I won't accept that you take Amber like you took Nina.

Kaily: And who are you to stop me?

Fabian dropped her on the floor, as Kaily groawned. Her head hit her bed.

Fabian: You'll take us where Amber and Nina are, or you'll see what I'm capable of. You understood?

Kaily: You can't make me take you there.

Fabian: Try me.

Fabian's eyes were red of madness. Kaily was afraid of him, but tried to look as if she didn't care. Eddie was surprised of the events that were happening, most of all, of Fabian's reaction.

Kaily: Fine.

Kaily got up with Eddie's help and looked into Fabian's eyes. He was clearly not afraid of her, nor of what her mother could do. But Kaily did was afraid of him.

Kaily: You'll need to get change, and to bring some resources. It's a long way into the woods.

Fabian: Okay, we'll meet you here in some time.

Fabian and Eddie went downstairs to get prepared. Kaily packed up her stuff and texted her mother.

"On our way. Everything resulted as the talked."

Minutes later she got a message. Joy was going downstairs, and for some reason, she stared at Kaily. She didn't trust her at all.

"Well done."

KailyYou really thought I was helping you, stupid boys.

Joy went downstairs and saw that Fabian and Eddie were packing things. She had an idea, went upstairs again, and packed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaily: Ready?

Fabian: We were born ready.

Kaily: This would take 3 hours walking, so I recommend you to eat before-

Eddie: We ate already. Let's go now.

The boys and Kaily went outside. The sky seemed as if it was going to rain soon.

Eddie: Nice one weather.

Fabian: Where exactly are we going?

Kaily: Into the woods. We need to pass the hills, and the caves. Then the lake. 500 meters after those, we'll find a wooden house.