Chapter 12- A Jealous Wife

***

"Must you always be so stunning? The audience will be looking at you more than the play itself," She blushed at my words, nervously laughing as she got on her tiptoes to kiss me and, as always, I cherished the moment.

"You look quite dashing yourself," She patted my chest before linking her arm around mine and we made ourselves to the waiting carriage. She was dressed in a beautiful golden gown with long white gloves, her hair tied up into a bun with strands framing her face and diamond earrings with a matching choker that I had bought her a few days ago.

It didn't take long to get to the theatre but once we did, one of the workers were out waiting for us. He dipped down into a neat bow, a respectful smile on his face.

"Mr and Mrs Callisto,"

"Hello," Aria smiled at him while I couldn't be bothered to do much more than a nod.

We were led to the best seats in the theatre, in our own personal booth and once we entered, people from other booths began to notice us. Some of them standing up and bowing or curtseying from the opposite end of the room while others whispered about in excitement.

Aria, however, was too entranced by the stage and all the lower-class people on the bottom level, right in front of the stage where big heads would most likely be covering a lot of their view.

She looked through the gold opera glasses, holding my hand with a large smile on her face and when the red curtains were being pulled open, she clapped her hands, excited giggles escaping her. I had learnt that she had never been to a theatre before and knew that I had to do something about it and I am so glad that I did.

"Do you know the story of Romeo and Juliet?" I leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"Everyone knows the story of Romeo and Juliet," She replied as if I were mad and I laughed, having said that to be able to see this very facial expression on her and I was satisfied by the outcome, leaning down to kiss her temple.

As I had expected, a few giggles and gasps were heard from other booths by people I knew were watching us more than the play itself.

"Oh, wasn't it just wonderful? We must visit the theatre more often," She said as we left the booth after having sat down for what felt like hours on end, I honestly did not understand why people liked this stuff, the characters ended up killing themselves.

"If that will make you happy," I smiled down at her happy self.

"Wasn't Juliet just so beautiful?" She fawned over the actress but I didn't agree. How could I? When someone as beautiful as Aria herself was my wife.

"Nothing compared to you," She blushed at my words.

"Well, it is sad to know that she met her end in such a tragic way," She sighed, thinking back to the ending of the story which I remember being half-asleep in but it was a play that I had watched before, I was right to think that she would enjoy it.

"She would not have had to if her husband was less foolish," I honestly stated my opinion.

"Foolish?" She echoed my words.

"Yes, foolish. The plan was not well thought out, especially this one since it included life and death. They were both young, immature and therefore lacked experience, leading to them having to meet their demise earlier than necessary,"

There was a long moment of silence from her as we walked down the corridor and I turned my head to look down and see that she was already pouting up at me. "Well, I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions," She sighed.