Strong

They had the day off. Harry had stayed in Barcelona by himself to go to a music festival while the rest of them went to Madrid where they would play the next day.

Niall and Liam dragged Louis to a football game to cheer him up and later that night Liam and Zayn convinced him to go clubbing while Niall stayed behind. They were sitting at the VIP section drinking beer. Louis had one mission, he was getting wasted.
"How are you holding up? Feeling any better?" Liam asked.

Louis snorted and took a big gulp from his beer before he answered.
"No, I'm not feeling any better. I'm barely hanging in there if you haven't noticed. He's the love of my life and he doesn't want to be with me. Nothing now can come to any good."

Liam and Niall exchanged a look.
"I'm sorry Louis. Have you tried talking to him? Maybe you can sort it out."

"If he wanted me back he would have come to me. If I thought it would make a difference I would fucking beg on my knees. He doesn't love me as I love him." Louis said, voice trembling with emotions.

"I don't believe that for a second." Niall protested.

"Yeah, well, I don't know what to believe anymore." Louis sighed before he downed his beer and got up to order a new one.

When he came back and sat down Liam looked at him.
"Are you writing?"

"No, I'm drinking." Louis smirked and took a sip.

Liam rolled his eyes at him.
"Smartass. Outside this club. I wrote down my feelings when Danielle and I broke up. It helped me move on."

Louis didn't answer. He succeeded in his mission to get drunk and Niall and Liam had to help him back to the hotel and put him to bed. The roof was spinning and he laid there and tried not to think. He fell asleep eventually and woke up with a really bad hangover.

They played two shows in Madrid. Eleanor showed up on the second one. She was on a holiday with her boyfriend Max, which of course was portraited as a friendship in the press. Louis told her about him and Harry.

She walked right up to Harry and stared him down, despite Louis's protests.
"Idiot."

"What?" Harry asked surprised.

"You and Louis are one in a lifetime kind of love. When you manage to pull your head out from your ass you'll realize that you made a big mistake. Hopefully, he'll forgive you but he deserves better." She said angrily before she stomped off. Harry knew that she was right.

Louis had spent the evenings by himself. He had listened to Liam's advice and he had written a song.

After a show in Portugal, they went back to London and into the studio. He decided to share his latest tune and Niall played the guitar for him. It was a vulnerable moment but he wouldn't make excuses about how he felt and he started to sing.

My hands, your hands
Tied up like two ships

Drifting, weightless
Waves try to break it
I'd do anything to save it
Why is it so hard to say it?

My heart, your heart
Sit tight like book ends

Pages between us
Written with no end
So many words we're not saying
Don't wanna wait 'til it's gone
You make me strong

I'm sorry if I say, "I need you"
But I don't care,
I'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong?
Is it so wrong
That you make me strong?

Think of how much
Love that's been wasted

People always
Trying to escape it
Move on to stop their heart breaking
But there's nothing I'm running from
You make me strong

I'm sorry if I say, "I need you"
But I don't care,
I'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong?
Is it so wrong?

So, baby, hold on to my heart, oh, oh
Need you to keep me from falling apart
I'll always hold on
'Cause you make me strong

I'm sorry if I say, "I need you"
But I don't care
I'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong?
Is it so wrong?

I'm sorry if I say, "I need you"
But I don't care,
I'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong?
Is it so wrong
That you make me strong?

I'm sorry if I say, "I need you"
But I don't care,
I'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong?
Is it so wrong
That you make me strong

Harry seemed very emotional when he was done. They locked eyes for a moment before Louis looked away and cleared his throat.
"Let's start rehearsals for real."

"You wrote a wonderful song, Louis. Good job." Liam said softly.

"Thank you." Louis answered.

He took Zayn to the side.
"Wanna get high after this?"

"Sure." Zayn immediately answered.

They went home to Louis' after they were done in the studio. His and Harry's house felt empty and depressing. Harry had been staying with Niall. They should probably sell this house. Louis didn't want to live in it without Harry. Maybe Harry wanted it? He had to ask him.

Zayn sat down in the living room and Louis went to get his stash. A couple of minutes later they lit a blunt and inhaled the smoke. They were halfway through it when someone unlocked the front door. They looked up in surprise when Harry entered the livingroom.
"What are you doing here?" Louis asked.

"I live here." Harry answered and turned around and walked to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna leave you guys to it." Zayn said and got up from the couch.

Louis put out the blunt and went to his bedroom. He didn't want to confront Harry when he was high. What the hell was he doing here? They couldn't live together. That would be unbearable. Louis had to find something else.