Chapter Two: Operation Unwind

Training day.

One of my least favorite days, why? I'm missing out. Oh how I wish I could take part in the fighting, exercising, and challenges.

However there is one thing I do look forward to on this day and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Seeing Aldo all hot and bothered, he may be the leader, but he demonstrated how to properly get each task done. Those taught muscles flexing and relaxing at every movement, each breath deeper than the last.

His skills impressed me and that says a lot, it made me all the more mad. I wanted to throw him over my shoulder and hammer kick his handsome-I mean ugly- face into the ground.

I feel like a virgin boy in a whore house, every grunt of his sends me into a feral mood. I wanted to dunk myself in ice and never come out.

The excitement had my leg bouncing up and down, fingers guiding my pen in chaotic scribbles as my restlessness settles into the paper I'm supposed to keep score on.

My face scrunched and bottom lip trapped between my teeth, has it been that long that I can't even control myself. This is a form of torture! I hate them all.

Captain Smith really out did himself, not how he originally intended, but it really did make me wanna throttle myself off a cliff.

"Hey, Doc!"

I nearly send the fucker flying, my palm ready to collide with whoever snuck up behind me. But I stop it just in time to pretend to swat a fly.

"Stupid mosquito- oh hey!"

The image of a yellow leaf on the left arm of the man who has interrupted my anxious bouncing. Wiki. His widows peak and narrowed gaze at my almost too quick reflexes didn't escape my study. He placed himself in front of my makeshift desk built mostly of crates, blocking my view of the training.

Damn my instincts to hell.

The hardest thing about hiding my true nature is the instincts. Every reflex was beat into me until I very nearly passed out. Suppressing a lifetime of experience and instincts is impossible, it is becoming more and more like torture everyday when they see something odd.

"Do you need a smoke? You seem very jumpy." He shakes the box of cigarettes, flicking the top off to offer me some. It was generous, I always see him keeping them close so to be offered one kind of felt like an honor.

I sighed and ran a hand down my tired face, "I appreciate the offer, but-" I can't say I don't smoke often to keep my body in peak performance. I'm already sensing that both Wiki and Aldo are catching on. "-The Captain would chew me out if he caught me slacking off...again."

"Since when do you care?"

I felt the beginning of a pout, however Wiki's remark made my lips involuntarily curl into the most deviant smirk out there.

"You're right. Mama didn't raise a bitch." I took a cigarette placing it between my lips, but before I could pat myself down for a lighter a flame already dances in my face. I look up to meet his gaze, half surprised.

He is studying me careful, lighting the cigarette longer than necessary. Wiki proceeds to lean forward a bit, one eyebrow raised.

"So... what's got your panties in a twist?" His eyes search mine for a bit, then lower to my bouncing leg. He uses his palm to catch it mid jump, keeping it planted firmly on the ground.

I'm tempted to smack his hand off, but he was being nice. I couldn't just hit him for it. Let's just say, I'm touched staved. I think we've all been there.

"I just... haven't been sleeping lately." It wasn't a lie, the bags under my eyes are evident. Though it is just the normal restlessness, nightmares, and overthinking. Only way to get through it is a good mission with lots of fighting. However Smith that bastard has chained me to this very team until the end of the war.