Prologue (Part 1)

Hisashi Midoriya, a tall, thin man in his early thirties, with curly red hair and sharp green eyes, had been standing with his head pressed to the glass window of the nursery for at least an hour now, maybe two.

Inko, his wife, had died while giving birth to their son. She'd always been delicate; it wasn't really surprising, but it still hurt like hell.

The nurse had told him that it wasn't uncommon for familys to subconsciously blame the children in these situations, but as he stared at his son's beautiful face, he felt nothing of the sort.

The boy was a perfect mixture of him and his wife. Their love was eternalized in the form of a human being. For as long as this boy lived, Inko lived on within him.

The red-haired looked down at his newborn son. His hair was green like Inko's, but curly like Hisashi's. The child had Inko's lovely round face and big eyes as well, although most babies had round faces and big eyes, so Hisashi could only pray those features wouldn't fade with time. He never wanted to lose what he had left of her.

Hisashi wasn't sure how he would support his son. Inko had brought in just as much income as he did - it would be hard to replace on his own, let alone replace and raise a child in the meantime. But those worries could wait for a little while.

Right now, the only thing he was concerned with was the fact that he was a father. He was the father of the one and only Izuku Midoriya.