Ponyboy//Snowday

I was sitting at home looking at my window as a familiar figure ran past my street. Whenever we had snow days, I loved sitting on the couch and looking out at the beautiful white landscape before me. It was like a live painting. I noticed what the figure was wearing, a dark purple sweatshirt, and realized that it was Ponyboy Curtis, my good friend. I ran to the front door and called out his name. "Ponyboy!" I shouted, trying to get his attention. He stopped in his tracks and turned around to see me. 

"Hi Y/N!" he shouted back as he changed his direction and ran to my house. "It's awfully cold outside, don't you think," I commented in more of a questioning manner. I was confused as to why he was running outside in the cold with only a light sweatshirt on. "It sure is," he answered back. "If you don't mind my inquiring, why are you running outside in the snow, and better yet, what aren't ya wearing a better jacket?" He looked down to the ground, a little embarrassed, but just enough so that I could tell he was feeling this way. "Well, I ain't that cold so that's the answer to that question, and, well, it's just stuff was happening at home with Darry and I needed to run," "Runaway?" I questioned as I cut him off. He looked up from the ground and locked eyes with me, confused as to why I had cut him off in the first place. "It's really not like that y/n," he added, trying to prove his point. "That's not good Pony, come in," I said as I opened the door wider and gestured for him to step into my house.  "I'm ok Y/N, really, and you run all the time, just like I do, but it's always ok. Why isn't it ok now?" he said in a defending way, though I could easily tell he was just sounding this way to not seem like he was sad, confused, or upset. It was easy for me to tell when he was upset. "Because I run towards something, not away from it. Now come in, you'll catch your death out there," I replied, pulling him into my house.

We sat on the couch together and just talked for a while, until I interrupted our random conversation by saying, "Pony, Darry is probably worried sick about you. I know it's gonna be hard, but you gotta go home, Pony, you just have to." He looked away from me, and I could see the tears begin to form in his eyes because he knew I was right. I didn't want to see him cry so I grabbed his face and looked him straight in the eyes as I added, "I'll go with you if you'd like. Will tell him that you came over to see me rather than you were just running. He won't be mad that way and he'll never have to know, that'll just be our secret, sounds good?" he nodded. I ran to put on my jacket and we were off on our way to his house. 

On our walk, the snow began to fall around us once more, so we danced and sang in it just like little kids. We harmonized to "Winter Wonderland" and I couldn't help but laugh every time Pony messed up. He laughed too so I knew that I wasn't offending him. We arrived at his house to find Darry sitting on the chair in the living room, so I instinctively stepped in front of Ponyboy to protect him. He grabbed my hand, fearful of what Darry might say. "Hey kid, why'd you run off so quick," Darry asked. I could feel the fear pulsing from Pony's hand into mine. "He came to my house, Darry. I guess he ran off quick because he was super excited to see me," I lied on the spot. It wasn't necessarily untrue and even though I hated lying, I'd do anything to protect Ponyboy. "Well ain't that sweet" he answered with a smile across his face. The fear that had once been in Pony's touch turned into relaxation and maybe even a little bit of embarrassment at his brother's words. Pony stepped out from behind me and guided me to his room. Before he could close the door, Darry screamed "Crap, I'm gonna be late for a meeting! Pony, I'll be out till after dinner just so you know! Good?" "Good!" He yelled back as he shut the door.

And just like that, we were now alone in his house. We sat on his bed and began talking just about anything we'd like. Pony and I could spend hours talking about everything and nothing at the exact same time. I loved talking with him. I began to notice his bright red cheeks and became concerned for a second. "Pony look! Your cheeks are bright red, see I told you you should have been wearing a jacket!" I said as I moved my hands to touch his red cheek. Pony gulped as I touched him and I thought that I had hurt him for a second. I was about to draw my hand back before he spoke up and said, "That ain't from the cold." I was really confused as to what he meant since there was no other logical explanation for him to look so red. "What do you mean? Are you sick or-" 

I was cut off by his lips against mine. I was shocked as I hadn't expected that at all. One second ago we were just talking about a book we read in 3rd grade and now we were kissing? Even though I was shocked, it felt right. I kissed back with only a moment's hesitation since I hadn't really been thinking about anything like this at all. His lips felt warm, gentle, and soft, and moreover inviting. Like they were begging my lips to stay attached to them forever. I loved that feeling, and only then I had finally realized that, well, I loved him. He pulled away from the kiss and got up off of the bed. His hands ran to the side of his face as he began pacing across the room. He looked awfully nervous. "I'm so sorry Y/N, I shouldn't have done that. I should have asked first. I've gone and ruin everything. I'm so sorry, I'm, I-, I'm-" It was my turn to cut him off. I stood up kissed him again, making his worries stop overflowing through his words. I pulled away after a few seconds of blissful contact and said, "Pony, it's ok. You have nothing to be sorry about. I really like you Pony, you gotta stop worrying all the time." He smiled and I could see the color in his cheeks begin to deepen, especially when I told him that I liked him. He smiled and replied, "Thanks, not just for this, but for everything, helping me with Darry. I, I really like you too. Do you, maybe, sorta, wanna be my girl? Maybe?" I smiled at his cute awkwardness and ran forward to give him a big hug. "I'd love to Ponyboy Curtis," I said just before I kissed him again. 

Best Snow Day Ever.